Masada or M4?

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by ReconOpsFireteam, Dec 21, 2012.

1. ReconOpsFireteam

ReconOpsFireteam New Member

Mohave Valley
    I have a JG M4 as it is, and I was wondering if I should get my hands on a A&K Masada if possible and if they are any good?

2. schultzebomb

schultzebomb New Member

Monterey
    I wouldnt get one... They have a lot of problems internally and externally, my experience with one has been really bad. They basically just fall apart externally.

3. Flocktime

Flocktime New Member

NukeTown
    The internals are medium to low. Your paying a lot just for the externals which aren't all that good anyways. For the look it really isn't worth it. I would just upgrade the JG M4.

4. ReconOpsFireteam

Mohave Valley
    OK so I want something other than an M4 what do I get thats decent quality?

5. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

A SCAR, G&G or VFC. Stanag compatibility.

6. ReconOpsFireteam

Mohave Valley
    I have a Scar but I let my friend use it.

7. Scarred

Scarred New Member

If you want a Masada, then you should save up for the Magpul PTS.

8. ReconOpsFireteam

Mohave Valley
  9. Blades

Blades New Member

I highly suggest buying a separate drop-in gearbox: preferably G&P. Classic Army's Sportline GBs are the spawn of the devil; I've had to replace just about every single part minus the gears and piston in that stupid thing.

10. Danarchy

Danarchy New Member

DFW
    I have both a G&P upgraded A&K and a PTS Masada. When they work, I love them. When I have to work on them, I hate them. And there is far too much time I spend hating them.

If you want something that uses STNAG, but is "different" take a look into one of the bullpups - gives you a cutting edge look and generally most are reliable.

11. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
    I would say a SCAR-L, but you said you already have one. So, the G36 comes to mind.

12. ReconOpsFireteam

Mohave Valley
    Well I also have a Mk36 Which my friend also uses.

13. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Are you buying this gun for yourself or your friend??

14. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    I found the internals to be on par with JG and most every other stock AEG I've worked on.

I bought mine broken, so it isn't 100% representative of the stock gun, but the parts that were not broken were about the same as similar brands.

The problem with mine was a stripped spur gear. I suspect the subpar shimming from the factory combined with no tuning of any sort and being used for an extended time (Probably on a higher discharge lipo) caused that gear failure. The motor was a stock grey motor found in most stock AEGs. That was DOA.

After swapping the gears for a mixed set of CH and GE gears, swapping the motor for a G&P M120, and doing basic tuning, I was getting 30RPS on an 11.1v 2200mah 40c.

Externally, the only problem I have with it is the stock sliding issue that plagues this gun. The stock will extend without you pushing in the buttons if enough force is applied(relatively small amount).

I like the ergonomics of the Masada better than an M4. The only reason I sold mine was because of some small missing non-essential parts I didn't want to replace. I plan on picking up another complete one eventually and doing a similar build.

It isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

If the gearbox on the PTS Masada cracks, you are screwed.

15. ReconOpsFireteam

Mohave Valley
    No this one is for me.