Masada

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by sniperboi94, Sep 27, 2012.

1. sniperboi94

sniperboi94 New Member

Ok so I decided I need to get a new primary for field/CQB usage and I really like the look of the Magpul & A&K Masada. I know the Magpul will be better than the A&K out of the box but I also know it has a lot of proprietary parts(+ a $200 difference in price)and the whole reason I'm buying a new field rifle is because my Ares SCAR broke it's gearbox and a new one is $90 plus they haven't had them in stock on Ehobby for quite some time.

So I'd just appreciate it if you guys/girls who have owned one or the other could fill me in on the problems you have come across with both AEG's so far.

This is the look I'm going for I have everything except the gun haha

image-4087102981.jpg

Oh and I know both hop-up units are crap and I was planning on replacing them anyways.

2. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Um no...the only thing that the PTS is better than the A&K out of the box is the external.....
    That's it....
    PTS, if you can fit a standard GB in there, then it'll be golden.
    Otherwise, just get the A&K, pretty darn sure with half of that $200 you can make it better than that PTS and use the other half to get yourself some accessories.

Oh and, since you own an ARES, the PTS is made by ARES.

3. sniperboi94

sniperboi94 New Member

Ok thanks for the heads up and yeah if it's Ares I'm steering clear of that crap.

4. Radar159

Radar159 New Member

I own the A&K and its great, just that the bolt can get stuck, if that happens to yours like it did to mine, you can get it fixed.

5. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    My Magpul Masada is amazing and my A&K felt cheap and the hopup was horrible. As long as you dont run an 11.1 if the gun your all set. The Gearbox isnt standard at all and isnt as strong but it can handle a 7.4 just fine. The piston is cheap plastic and can strip easily but other than that its all G&P internals. The A&K is proprietary as well when it comes to hopup and the feel is just cheap when compared. A plastic G&G feels better than the A&K Masada IMO.
    If you pick up a Masada that doesnt have the new stronger gearbox, Magpul will send you a new one to replace it with. If you want to keep yours, a new one is only 90 and is in stock.
    I ran an 11.1 25c in mine for about 3 months before the piston fried and then shortly after the GB cracked. I have seen people run theirs on 7.4 20c or less with no problems whatsoever for almost a year now. It is all in how you take care of it.

6. Itsahak

Itsahak Member

I have the A&K version, however I'm second owner. The original owner did a "metric ton" of work to the gearbox. However it's the original hop up unit and it's been perfectly fine.

7. JulliSuarez

JulliSuarez New Member

Why did the defenders at Masada all kill themselves instead of fighting the Romans?

8. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    why did you post pointless post?

9. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Well...at least A&K uses a standard V2 gearbox....which is.....way better than the ARES....
    A&K's plastic doesn't feel that bad....just not as good as ARES but it's not some cheap cheap cheap plastic....

For hop, well, there are after market hop chambers for the A&K.

10. sniperboi94

sniperboi94 New Member

Ok, I went with the A&K Masada tan version. Thanks for the help guys. I found it on Ehobby for their sale price of $170. Which aloud me to buy a CNC aluminum hop-up for it along with a Prometheus 6.03mm TBB(363mm) and a 7.4v lipo. It should all be here by next week, I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

11. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Hey what was the shipping price if I ask?

12. sniperboi94

sniperboi94 New Member

It's $74 from Hong Kong to Sacramento, CA. That's express shipping so it arrives with 3-5 days. And express is the only option for some reason. All total it's $274 that includes the gun, CNC hop-up, and express shipping. Everything else I bought in the states.

13. Bgarman22

Bgarman22 New Member

Dayton Area
    I have a PTS Masada, and it uses a regular V2 gearbox, so i don't know where you guys are getting that it isn't. It has an extended air nozzle, and the spring guide is proprietary, but the shell is identical to a normal V2, and besides the two parts I mentioned, ALL V2 PARTS FIT IN IT. And also, G&P makes the internals, not Ares.

14. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Uh are you sure because why would there be a G&P masada made by G&P then a PTS masada made by G&P?

15. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Um, yea...what he said^^^^^

PTS Masada is made by ARES....it uses micro switch for the trigger so I don't see how all V2 parts will fit in...

It's either you bought the A&K or you need glasses....

16. sniperboi94

sniperboi94 New Member

Does it have a motor cage? Because I'm pretty sure only the Magpul Masada has a motor cage and the G&P Masada is just the A&K Masada with a few a few upgrades like a TBB barrel, G&P M120 motor & Metal air nozzle.

17. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    Just stop.

There are basically 3 types of Masada.
    There's the Magpul PTS Masada which is OEM by ARES. If I'm not mistaken, this also has a quick change spring guide out the back, so it shouldn't be all V2 compatible.

There is the A&K Masada which is obviously A&K. Newer models have Magpul trademarks, so there is room for confusion. The best way to differentiate a PTS vs A&K out of the box is the stock. The PTS will have a hole in the stock like so:
    [​IMG]
    The A&K has a stock like so:
    [​IMG]

Then there is the G&P Masada you have mentioned. The G&P Masada uses A&K externals and G&P internals. This gun has been discontinued.

18. Bgarman22

Bgarman22 New Member

Dayton Area
    This is my Masada, it is the PTS version with trademarks everywhere.

Attached Files:

19. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    I think you need to pay your light bill.

20. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    I think that he needs to see a doctor.....