Mask for red dot

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by andreas, Nov 28, 2012.

1. andreas

andreas New Member

I was wondering if there was a type of mask that wouldn't be to hard to look down a red dot sight on an m4. Because with my mask I have to put a little pressure to get my eye right on that red dot.. Is there a mask to make this easier
    thanks

Fyi I was using a mini scope red dot. But I also want a mask that fits for reflex sights and iron sights too

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  2. viperU7

viperU7 New Member

Bakersfield
    There's a cheap mask that has mesh goggles and its flex pretty easy. It cost about $10. There's also the battle axe on mask with fans to help it fog and its worked pretty well for me.

3. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    Bad idea,Would you really trust a 10$ mesh mask to protect your eyes? Just get a pair of flackjacks and a iron face lower mask,Don't use mesh its a bad idea.And with the stuff i reccomended you will be able to use your sights.

4. viperU7

viperU7 New Member

Bakersfield
    Mesh is not a bad idea...it's the only thing I use. And the $10 mask really does work well it stop a point blank shot from my 550fps sniper. I wouldn't recommend something if I haven't used it myself or if it was a faulty product. Mesh works very well trust me I wouldn't run anything else but the choice is up to you.

5. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    Ehhhhh, I'm gonna ask Knief to post in here. He has some good experience regarding eye damage.

6. viperU7

viperU7 New Member

Bakersfield
    Lol I have been shot in the eye...sucked had a welt beside my iris. But I've never ever gotten a fragment due to mesh masks or goggles. The only reason why I got shot is because someone didn't clear their gun before they came into the safe zone.

7. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Right, well, OP have you tried goggles?

8. andreas

andreas New Member

No I have but I play cqb and want a little protection like all I want is just a mask and guys can you give me a link to those things please

9. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    A pair of flackjacks and a lower mesh will give you all the protection you need.

10. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    I agree with this but I think he said that he strictly wants a mask.

11. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    Well when you get it all on it's like a full face mask.

12. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Agreed. That's what I currently run as well.

13. Bait

Bait New Member

I understand this guy. He wants a mask because the goggles and the lower mesh protector isn't enough. Your whole forehead can get shoot and leave bad welts or scars due to the small distant between you and the shooter. Even with a hat, I have had a really bad welt on my head (Shot was above paintball mask).

14. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    Well,he could get a helmet.

15. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    That's why most airsofters wear helmets...

Edit: sniped.

16. Bait

Bait New Member

Decent helmets can get expensive and I assumed he was on a budget similar to most of us.

17. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    Well,why not go all out and get the right stuff?Instead of getting a mask.It may cost a little more so he could save up,And keep in mind airsoft is not cheap.

18. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Not necessarily. I spray painted my old skateboarding helmet khaki and it looks great if you ask me.

image-3082936325.jpg

19. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    See,Even if he is on a budget there's cheap things you can do.Heck fold a bandana around your head like rambo.Forehead covered.