Match Practice At Home

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by gb65, Sep 7, 2012.

1. gb65

gb65 New Member

Hello,

I'm new here and to airsoft. I'd like to be able to practice at home to simulate being at a firearm range. I've got a bunch of questions not actually having an Airsoft gun.

I like the Hi Capa 1911's but am concerned with the Green Gas/Propane. If I were to shoot say 100 rounds a day in my basement isn't expelling that amount of propane in a closed area a problem? Our furnace is down there with a lit pilot lite on all the time as well as the water heater's. With the winter coming upon us, windows won't be getting opened that much for ventilation. I'd guess I would have a buildup of propane in the house in a short amount of time.

I need to simulate a 1911 with a red dot mounted. Can't find a mount for the Hi Capa or similar type blowback 1911's. I saw a picture of one mounted to the rail under the front of the frame but can't find it anywhere. Could you experts out there recommend a mounting system for a red dot that no drilling is required and removing the slide stop rendering the lock back inop?

How accurate are these close range ie. 15 feet? That's how far I have in the house.

Lastly for now, which 1911 Hi Capa style guns feel like the real thing in weight and quality? Which ones should I be looking at and which ones should I avoid spending my hard earned dollars on?

Thanks

2. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    I could be wrong but generally it's not the best idea to shoot a GBB pistol indoors using propane without ventilation.

3. Grudge

Grudge New Member

Winnipeg
    See if you can find one with a CO2 magazine.

4. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    If you want a 2011 style gun with a scope mount that doesn't require you to do any drilling, you've got two options. You can either track down an old WA SVI Championship .45 (you'll have a very hard time finding one), or you can buy a custom built, custom tuned race gun with the scope mount included. As far as I'm aware, no company produces a stock 2011 with a scope mount already included. WE might, but honestly, you don't want a WE.

The WA you'd be looking for:

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main...al&rs=Western Arms Gas Pistols&catid=7&cat=17

Some tuned up guns with mounts:

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwo...ry=1&byCategory=true&pageIndex=1&pageIndex2=1

It'd be cheaper to buy a drill press and a tap and die set. I'm sure if you put in some time researching, you can find cheaper custom built 2011s with scope mounts than the Airsoft Surgeon stuff at Redwolf.

[edit] Or you could offer on my tuned up WA SVI/STI Championship .45. Picture in the first post below:

http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f39/few-my-guns-30957/

;)

5. Fyzix

Fyzix Fyzzy Was Here. Supporting Member

Garland
    ell. ;)

Be warned, WE pistols are a gamble. Some never have a problem, others are constantly down. For that reason, I wouldn't promote a WE Hi Capa. But seeing as how the only other one (That I know of) is a KJW, WE would probably be your best bet. However, if you can afford a TM Hi Cappa, that would be the way to go.

Now. Are you looking to build a race pistol or just have a Hi Capa with a sight on it?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  6. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    I'd use propane inside, as long as I wasn't shooting in a confined box. You're putting so little of it into the air that it'll be well below the point of combustibility after it leave the immediate radius of the gun. It'll stink, but you have even a little ventilation, a box fan pointed at an egress window or whatever, you'll be fine. If you're really torn up about it, a TM or WA will also function fine on HFC 134a, which is only sightly more expensive than propane, and completely non-flammable. It's PC-Duster gas, we spray it all over all the time.

7. gb65

gb65 New Member

I'm a bullseye match shooter so I just need a functioning 1911 with a red dot on it.

Thanks

8. gb65

gb65 New Member

What about a KWA 1911 Mark IV, any good? Would those mounts fit on those as well? Are the rails standard on these 1911's so the rail mounts fit most of them?

Thanks!!
    Lots of good answers here.

9. Fyzix

Garland
    I've never actually seen a KWA 1911, so I really couldn't answer that one. My guess is that the Hi Capa is based on a 1911, so it *should* fit with *some* modification, maybe none at all. But like I said, I'm not experienced in this area, so I'm just taking shots in the dark.

10. gb65

gb65 New Member

I looked at the TM Hi capa's and they seem nice but nobody has them in stock. Are they that good or something's up with them?

11. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    TM makes some of the best guns so everyone wants them. They generally sell out pretty fast.

12. Fyzix

Garland
  13. rich635

rich635 New Member

Los Angeles