Matrix/AIM M4 vs Cyma M4

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by ironbmike, Nov 29, 2012.

1. ironbmike

ironbmike New Member

Falls Church
    Two different M4s that I'm looking at.

Matrix/AIM ($80-$100)
    - Full metal
    - magpul stock, magpul RIS covers, and a new mag puch.
    - "The whole inside of the gun has been re done. 350-400 fps. Purchased about 9 to 11 months ago"
    - "To be honest I have no Idea what's in it I putt to much to remember and I got it in a airsoft store not online so I can't giv a link"

Cyma ($145)
    - Full metal
    - "The only part that I changed was an upgrade using the m115 piston spring. All other upgrades were done using its standard parts to bring out its potantial and longivity. Five hours were spent on this piece. First the gearbox and innards are completely taken out and thoroughly cleaned. The bushings are CA'd in place. The piston receives a new o-ring and its head is tightened securely and CA'd so it doesn't come loose. The cylinder OD & ID is polished. The cylinder/cylinder head/air nozzle is completely sealed for excellent compression when checked manually with piston. The gears were meticulously shimmed and spinned freely with gearbox tightened. All components were properly greased and installed in the clean gearbox shell. Motor height was properly adjusted. The hop-up assembly was taken apart, cleaned, reassembled and then sealed. Test fired for smoothness and chronoing."

Opinions? If they were equal price I would definitely go with the Cyma, but the other one is so much cheaper that I am also drawn to that.

2. thuperman15

thuperman15 New Member

Id pick the cyma seeing as the guy actually know what he has in it and seems more reliable however if the 1st guy actually did upgrade it'd be worth it for that low price. Ask the guy for a parts list for the aim even though he said he can't remember, he can open it up

3. ironbmike

ironbmike New Member

Falls Church
    Yeah I'm not sure I trust him to open it up though. The 350-400 fps isn't very exact either. The Cyma, I'm told, shoots 394-400 consistently.

4. Rusty34

Rusty34 New Member

Corneria
    CYMA, the matrix M4 is junk internally. I know of these guns that either had no shimmings in the gearbox or no gear grease.

5. thuperman15

thuperman15 New Member

Yea I'd rather have over greasing than no grease and this guy has been taking care of his cyma

6. ironbmike

ironbmike New Member

Falls Church
    Alright, I went with the Cyma. Thanks guys!