Matrix Barrels- Great or not?

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Blades, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Blades

Blades New Member

Couldn't really find another thread that went into detail too much about Matrix barrels, so I'll start my own. Here we go.
    My dilemna is that I have a King Arms Galil and frankly it can't hit the broad side of a barn. I'm planning to throw a tightbore in it, so I start searching around. It is a very strange barrel length (469mm, only shares barrels which the G3 which I believe is also 469) but the barrels are ridiculously uncommon, and I was shocked because I thought there were a lot more G3's out there. Anyways, the only good barrels I have come across are either Prometheus from ehobby (which I would love to buy, but I have other projects going at the moment) and Evike Matrix barrels. For $30 one can get a heck of a lot of barrel for their money, and I couldn't help but being sucked into reading the description on Evike's item page and believing how awesome it is. However, I would much rather get opinions and comments from you guys, the people who actually use the barrels, and not just sell them. They claim the Matrix barrel is comparable to Prometheus, and even though I know they obviously won't be the same, I'd really like to know how close they come to living up to that bold claim. Thanks guys.

2. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    I haven't heard anything about matrix barrels but madbull barrels are good and are around the same price.

3. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    Matrix anything is really not that great. Your better off spending money and getting a Madbull or Prometheus.
    455 madbull barrel will fit and work just fine. a few mm's doesnt effect anything. but for more accuracy, you need to change your bucking. Im not sure but also your hopup if you can.
    Get the 455mm 6.03 and a madbull blue bucking and youll see drastic improvements

4. Blades

Blades New Member

I do have a little bit of experience with a Madbull Black Python (363) in my M4 and I love their buckings. I haven't even looked at the hopup and with it being a mildly rare gun I don't know where to start, so I'll get the bucking and barrel first. Is it really not that big of a deal to be 14mm under the barrel length? I haven't tried that or seen that done before.

5. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
  6. Mystery43_4

Mystery43_4 New Member

Santa Barbara
    Matrix = Prometheus?

HAH!

Matrix = Fometheus.

Matrix barrels are absolutely terrible (I own 2). To give you an idea of how bad they are, I put one in my DSG to PURPOSELY reduce accuracy.......

If you want to cheap out, go Madbull 6.03 like others have suggested. If you want quality, go with a Prommy EG.

7. CoppertopNeasg

CoppertopNeasg New Member

Boston
    It really depends in what barrel matrix is rebranding. I have no personal experience with these barrels.

8. Mystery43_4

Mystery43_4 New Member

Santa Barbara
    What depends? (20 character)

9. Blades

Blades New Member

Thanks! That really helps me out.

10. CoppertopNeasg

CoppertopNeasg New Member

Boston
    The quality and performance that you would expect out of the barrel.