Matrix M125 in stock Echo 1 SCAR?

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Pyrolysis, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Pyrolysis

Pyrolysis New Member

Cary
    I have ordered a Matrix M125 to put in the Echo 1 SCAR I got from a recent trade, which at the moment is sitting at around 200 fps. Will it burn out the stock motor? Or will I just need to be careful about my rate of fire?
    Honestly I'm only experienced with modding bolt action sniper rifles, cause they are stupid simple. I have no idea the stresses and limits of a gearbox.
    Some advice from those who are much more experienced would be greatly appreciated.

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Matrix...not a good brand for springs.

If the FPS is at 200 currently...did someone open the mechbox and put the cylinder in backwards? If the hop-up packing torn?

M125 may put you over most field limits of 400fps.

3. Pyrolysis

Pyrolysis New Member

Cary
    I am not exactly sure, It is super quiet and feels soft, so I think it is the spring. As for the field limit... our crew plays at one of our members 13 acre property so limits aren't an issue.

When you say not a good brand, what do you mean by that? I am hoping for it to settle around 425-440 fps so a little softening wouldn't hurt right?

4. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Not good is not good. Nothing more to say, but I will elaborate on Matrix.

Matrix is an Evike House Brand. Among all his his brands:

Matrix
    Angel Customs
    6mm Proshop
    EMG
    and a couple more.

All these "brands" do is repackage and sell stock/OEM parts at an inflated price. It's a marketing gimmick to capitalize on inexperienced Airsofters.

That M125 spring is also going to fall short on your FPS needs, based on their listing. It is also listed for for a very sloppy performance range due to very sloppy QC.

Thus they indemnify themselves of their junky springs. It will only hit 470fps with .12g bbs or if the spring is way out of tolerance. If you want to be in the 425-440fps range with .20g. You need a M130, you can do some optimizations based on cylinder volume and barrel length...but that is experience heavy teching.

Also...don't buy an o-ring nozzle too. Another "gimmick".

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    fred_ditto likes this.