Matrix M4 Zombie Killer Custom

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Beowulfy32, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Beowulfy32

Beowulfy32 New Member

Hey, was wondering if anybody could help me out on how to choose the correct parts for upgrading and possibly give some easy to follow tutorials. Right now im looking at when it arrives buying a new motor and possibly spring (or whatever else will increase FPS&ROF). Im not new to airsoft but i am new to upgrading and modifications.

2. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    Motor is easy. Get a high torque or high speed motor and just replace it. Make sure you get the right type, short or long, and make sure you put the connectors on the right way. As for the spring, look up v2 gearbox spring change on YouTube. The other things you will want to do, you can also find on YouTube or search on here, is reshim, correct aoe and grease. Replacing the piston with a polycarb with metal teeth is a good idea as well I'd your going to change the motor and spring

3. sniperboi94

sniperboi94 New Member

You're going to want to shim it and grab a 7.4v or 11.1v lipo battery. A G&P m120 motor+ Guarder M110 speing will increase your FPS/ROF as will Swiss cheesing your piston(drill holes through the plastic) and if you want to go all the way grab some high speed gears. Standard ratio is about 18.1, so you'd probably want some 15.1 gears. There's also Tight bore barrels but be careful because a jam at high ROF will be catastrophic.

4. Beowulfy32

Beowulfy32 New Member

Alright thanks man but what is "reshim" and "Correct aoe" i have yet to hear those terms but thanks for the advice ill definitely keep it in mind, im trying to keep this gun long term and up and running nicely

5. Beowulfy32

Beowulfy32 New Member

I know the gun already has some stuff done to it being custom from evike, nothing to special i'm aware but so far im definitely looking at a spring and a motor and obviously a stronger battery.

6. sniperboi94

sniperboi94 New Member

Shimming is where you open up your gear box and add shims to the axles of your gears to let them mesh better and therefore last you longer. Correct AoE is just how your sector gear engages your piston the best way to correct it is by removing the 2nd and possibly 3rd tooth of your piston.