Matrix vest worth it?

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by Pezturbator, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Pezturbator

Pezturbator Active Member

2. Darkrider9

Darkrider9 New Member

NYC
    I used to use that. It's a very cool looking vest. However it has some issues. It covers a lot of your body, and as a result it makes some movements a tad hard to do. It is also limited by the amount of pouches it has, towards the end of my use with it I was using many other bags, drop legs, etc to carry other things I needed. It's also made by an airsoft manufacturer, so the quality isn't the best, and if you use it vigorously, it will rip. I've even heard of BBs causing damage to it. In my opinion, because of the limited pouch space, I'd get the MOLLE version if you are dead set on that vest. The MOLLE version, which I own as well, is still cheaply made, but the abundance of MOLLE makes it easy to carry everything I need, I mean, there's even MOLLE on the shoulders. The shoulder pad hooks that connect it to the vest on the MOLLE version are a pain though, as they aren't those "clip buckle" things, they're more like sling hooks. However, for that money, you can pick up a Pantac or Flyye vest or rig, in which the quality is multitudes better. Hope I helped!

3. Pezturbator

Could you send a link of the molle version?

4. Pezturbator

Id have to buy pouches im ok with that now I gotta limit my parts for my gun

5. Darkrider9

Darkrider9 New Member

NYC
    Just saying, for that money you can get something of much higher quality. I urge you to look at some stuff by Pantac or Flyye.

6. Pezturbator

Ive looked at flyye but I need something durable, cheap and ready and easy to use. Im on a budget. Thats why I picked that one.

7. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    Durable and cheap don't go together. Get FLYYE or Pantac, at LEAST TMC. All are better than Matrix and whatnot.

8. Pezturbator

Which one is cheaper??

9. Thatguyoverthere1111

Mandeville
    Pantac is the most expensive, TMC is cheapest.

10. Pezturbator

I thought flyye was the most expensive

11. Thatguyoverthere1111

Mandeville
    Pantac is slightly more expensive.

12. Darkrider9

Darkrider9 New Member

NYC
    Gonna chime in one more time. If you're looking for durability, Matrix is NOT the way to go. As for the cheap factor, you can definitely get some of the higher end stuff for 80 bucks. Check the classifieds too. I just picked up a Flyye RRV in pretty great condition with over 100 dollars worth of pouches on it for only 60 bucks.

13. Thatguyoverthere1111

Mandeville
    In other words, OP Matrix is not worth it.

14. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    Cheapest good option: TMC 6094 from ebairsoft.

15. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    Matrix vests are crap. There's no two ways about it. They're not good. Everything about them is bad. Consider them not an option. Ever. Ever ever.

16. Pezturbator

Damn. You. Airsoft. Megastore. Get. More. Flyye. Gear. In. I want that 90 dollar chest rig!!

17. M240BravoRomeo

M240BravoRomeo New Member

Anthem
    I must say not helping I know but I love the fact that I can get all of my tactical gear from Uncle Sam.