MBSS/RRV questions

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by Flocktime, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Flocktime

Flocktime New Member

NukeTown
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  2. iTunesTomato

iTunesTomato New Member

Oakland
    Thats actually just a back plate to this vest: http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Combat_Gear_Vests_Pantac_Molle_RRV_Vest_OD_CORDURA.htm just in a different color

3. Flocktime

Flocktime New Member

NukeTown
  4. iTunesTomato

iTunesTomato New Member

Oakland
    Their essentially the same.
    And that FAPC replica is good one, it'll do just fine, however there are better options out there, like a 6094, as the FAPC doesn't have a cumberbund and the MOLLE platform is somewhat oddly shapen, making the amount of ways you can use your pouches limited

5. Flocktime

Flocktime New Member

NukeTown
    I like both. The 6094 isn't in OD green at shooter cb.

6. iTunesTomato

iTunesTomato New Member

Oakland
    This is true but why do you want OD? Do you already have pouches in OD? Otherwise I'd personally recommend another color.. Also their EPC (MOLLE style PC Plate Carrier) Is very nice and is available in OD. And less expensive.

7. Flocktime

Flocktime New Member

NukeTown
  8. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    I've ordered from AirsoftSmith a number of times. They have some of the best customer service I've ever experienced in airsoft. You won't be disappointed with them.

9. Flocktime

Flocktime New Member

NukeTown
    Thank you very much. Will order soon. Does Ranger green or OD match Atacs FG better?

10. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Honestly, Coyote Brown or Khaki would match better, but if you're really set on green I'd go with Ranger Green.

[edit] Dudes in A-TACS FG and CB gear:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  11. Flocktime

Flocktime New Member

NukeTown
    Okay thanks. I just wanted to blend in with the pattern more.

12. Knief

Ann Arbor
    I added a picture above.

The pattern has a lot of tan and brown in it, it's only really highlighted by greens. Your eye picks them out because green is a brighter color than tan. Think about that for a second. If your eye picks out green, so will everybody else's. Coyote Brown will match the pattern just fine and be more subdued when you're actually out in the woods using it.

13. Flocktime

Flocktime New Member

NukeTown
    So this:
    http://www.airsoftsmith.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=31_77&products_id=1494
    What pouches would you add to that? Same website if you could. I'm not sure what would work.

14. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Well, that's a relatively small plate carrier. With no cummerbund, you're limited to the space you have on the front for everything you want to reach. On an MBSS, that's usually just going to be 3 or double M4 mag pouches (giving you 6 or 8 mags), a couple pistol mag pouches on the chest, and maybe an admin panel if you can squeeze it in. If you really work with your space, something like this is going to be the best you can do:

[​IMG]

Most MBSS kits are more sparse than that, though.

If that's not going to be enough space for you, I'd bump up to this:

[​IMG]

I know it's more expensive, it's also a much newer, much nicer design. It has features like a kangaroo pouch on the front that will hold three mags, as well as a kanagroo pouch in each side of the cummerbund. It also has routing loops for a hydration tube or comm wires. It will allow you to carry a heck of a lot more stuff than the MBSS.

If you don't want to worry about picking your own pouches, you can go with the EPC with pouch set from FLYYE at shooterCBgear:

http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?products_id=4232

It's also a great rig with a ton of space. The pouch set is highly useful if you use a rifle that feeds from STANAG (M4/M16) mags. I personally use the vest that this reproduction is based on and it works great. I can carry everything I need, it's light weight, relatively low profile, and looks good. Here's how I have mine set up:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Flocktime

Flocktime New Member

NukeTown
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  16. Knief

Ann Arbor
    I hear you, but it doesn't make a lot of sense to me to pick a less suitable piece of gear just because feel like you're in a time crunch now. Shipping from ShooterCBGear usually takes about a week, so you have plenty of time to get it in before Christmas, even with slow holiday shipping. It'd be a better vest and save you a lot of trouble.

17. Cerveza

Cerveza New Member

Flyye webpage announces "Original A-TACS Products Coming Soon"

I'm partial to the RRV with the Hydration add-on. Lots of real estate, and extremely configurable.

18. Knief

Ann Arbor
    They make stuff in A-TACS already, just not A-TACS FG.

19. Flocktime

Flocktime New Member

NukeTown
    Okay thank you. I just have heard of sites taking weeks to send and weeks to ship. And they are starting to carry FG on the Atacs website but again it will take another couple months to get it in stores.