Mesh or full seal goggles

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by Shadow_Ops99, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Shadow_Ops99

Shadow_Ops99 New Member

Have safety glasses and need to up grade

2. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    Full sealed goggles, mesh is dangerous.

3. Shadow_Ops99

Shadow_Ops99 New Member

What brand is good and relibae

4. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    Depends, what's your budget?

5. Shadow_Ops99

Shadow_Ops99 New Member

55 is the max I will spend

6. supportgunner

supportgunner New Member

7. Leonidas

Leonidas New Member

Des Moines
    What about... FULL SEAL MESH!

8. ReaperTwoSix

ReaperTwoSix New Member

Missoula
    I also have a pair of what supportgunner's running, got hit in the eye from a KWA mp7 30 feet away, didn't feel a thing.

9. TheCaptainAlmighty

TheCaptainAlmighty New Member

Gallifrey
  10. xc0n

xc0n New Member

I don't know how fields are where you play but where I am fields don't allow metal mesh goggles. So I would look into local fields you play at before getting a pair of metal mesh.
    I personally like metal mesh more for airsoft but have a pair of both.

Metal Mesh
    Pros: Can't Fog, Cheaper, look better(opinion), don't scratch
    Cons: Fields don't allow them, Can be bent, Fragments of BBs might be able to come through mesh, May need to get use to seeing the mesh
    --------------
    Full Seal
    Pros: More durable, allowed on all fields, keeps dust,sand etc out of eyes
    Cons: More Expensive, Can fog(if not thermal), Can "shine" (give you away), Can become scratched requiring a new lens

11. M240BravoRomeo

M240BravoRomeo New Member

Anthem
    Most military eyepro you buy will come with a cloth with anti-fogging solution, and for the glare all you have to do is wear billed headwear, and although it might be more expensive to buy full seal the quality cannot be beat, I have these goggles on my kevlar they have s sleeve incorporated on the system that protects the lens when they are not being used and cleans the lens whenever needed (it is wrapped around the headband). http://www.lineofdutyoptics.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=REV-DESERT-LOCUST-BASIC

12. Frostbite1

Frostbite1 New Member

Frisco
    I really don't see why pole buy mesh goggles. Yes they are cheaper but would you really want to skimp on the protection of your vision. I do as well have yet to see a bb shatter on someones mesh goggles in the field but I still wouldn't want to take the chance of someone using craptastic bb and it shatters on my goggles. And there are plenty of anti fog products that you can get. I usually prefer this one though http://www.amazon.com/Ek-123625-Cat-Crap-Anti-Fog/dp/B002ZNA488

Also here is an exaggerated demonstration of what could happen to mesh lenses [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kLQpvVsbLI&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kLQpvVsbLI&feature=related[/ame] Now this probably wouldn't happen but you never know

13. M240BravoRomeo

Anthem
    The phenomena seen in that video is called spalding, and basically what is happening is that the mesh is expanding towards the wearer which causes fragments of the metal to burst into the users face at about the same speed as the bb causing it.

14. supportgunner

supportgunner New Member

Who in the hell gets shot point blank in the eye? Have any of you even with no mesh goggle got shot point blank in the eye like that? 2 inches from the eye full auto?

15. Shadow_Ops99

Shadow_Ops99 New Member

What is the best brand to get

16. M240BravoRomeo

Anthem
    But support at the same time if a gun has enough fps and if they are using a soft bb which has more energy transference then it can still cause the spalding that I was talking about and Shadow the Revision Desert Locust that I linked to you are issued to troops to protect their eyes and they are comfortable.

17. Shadow_Ops99

Shadow_Ops99 New Member

Ok thank I will look in to them

18. Frostbite1

Frostbite1 New Member

Frisco
    Dude, calm down. Did you even read my post? I said it was an exaggerated demonstration. Plus do you know how jumpy kids are, i've turned many a corner an ended up taking 10-20 to the chest because of lack of trigger control. What if you where crouching around the corner and then the gun would be eye level. But like I said it probably wouldn't happen.

19. supportgunner

supportgunner New Member

I am claim. I didn't use !!!!! or type in capital letters so how did you get that I wasn't calm? I can say hell in a calm manner, can you? An I don't play with kids, I play with adults with low FPS guns and honor the minimum engagement rules. :) We play to have fun not hurt people with crazy FPS guns.

20. BoogerMc

BoogerMc Airsoft Jedi Master Supporting Member

Akron
    I recently purchased thos metal mesh, full seal goggles, used them August 12, 2012 in a game, took several hits to the eyes and they were just fine. They do not fog (+), they do not glare (+), but they did start to dig in at my eyebrows (-); however, that may have also been a result of my other face and head protection.

Here is what I was wearing, I like it much better than my old mask because it let's me breathe without eveything fogging up or getting covered with moisture.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012