metal body standard M4 mags

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by simple gunner, Oct 26, 2021.

1. simple gunner

simple gunner New Member

aurora
    hey yall. im looking for some metal body M4 mags, but the places that i can think of are coming up empty. have any suggestions?

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
  2. Ben3721

Ben3721 Well-Known Member

Are we talking midcaps or high caps?
    What rps will you expect them to keep up to?

A lot of really good m4 midcaps are plastic body.

aotsukisho likes this.

3. simple gunner

simple gunner New Member

aurora
    i guest
    high caps, but mids should work as well. i only shot semi auto.

their just going to be for training.

4. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    You want metal STANAG's?

That is a dying item for polymer is cheap and everyone wants cheap...

5. simple gunner

simple gunner New Member

aurora
    thats sad. id rather have the better feel and durability of a metal mag for my purposes

6. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    If you find anything on WGCSHop.com...I can bring it in for you...

7. simple gunner

simple gunner New Member

aurora
    ive never heard of them before...what do you mean by "bring it in"?

8. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    WGC is in located in Asia.

I have shipments from them almost weekly for players who want the "good" or unusual stuff from Asia.

You can of course buy direct yourself (they are very reputable) but you will have to pay for full shipping and you won't get a discount on the product.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
  9. simple gunner

simple gunner New Member

aurora
    ooh, interesting. im not in a spot to take advantage of that at the moment, but when i am, ill totally take you up on that

10. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    In Airsoft, the metal mags are not durable. Step on them and they will dent...unlike say a certain polymer mag that you can stand on and it won't deform.

11. simple gunner

simple gunner New Member

aurora
    would a drop from 5 ft standing position actually be enough to damage a metal mag?

12. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Depending on the surface it's dropped on and the angle...you could ding it up.

But you can also shear the retention from the insert to the shell.

This is due to most legacy mags holds the insert into ABS plastic via one Fine thread metric screw...that is about 1mm in diameter.

However, STANAG quality varies from maker to maker.

Get a good one an it won't have issues. Get a bad maker and the first fall can separate shell from insert.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2021
  13. OutlawAirsoft

OutlawAirsoft Active Member

Hamilton
    In all my years playing I've never had a mag (m4 or ak or other) break by dropping or stepping on it. On high caps, usually the coiled spring breaks or the tightening sprocket snaps.

On mid caps, usually they just become too much of a hassle to use, especially when their spring wears out and they stop feeding properly.

I do not think that durability is an issue here, and the reason I would go for metal is realism.

*Edit
    Now that I think about it, I did smash up a metal ak mag when I tripped crossing a bridge and fell off...

14. simple gunner

simple gunner New Member

aurora
    which is why i want metal as well. closer to real steal

15. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    The point I am trying to make is this.

Don't assume metal STANAGS are durable, just because its "metal".

Remember there are no Stardards in Airsoft and American Consumerism does not apply.

STANAG's are a declining style of magazine and the only makers are the low end makers. Many are made by DBOYS and those units are $2.90 each at current prices. Back in 2014 they were .94 cents each and they were the cheapest STANAG you could get in a 130 Mid-Cap. These are the ones that broke if they landed at odd angles on concrete.

Now if you had a TM, VFC, MAG/ProArms STANAG, then yes...they would be fine. However, these mags are not easily found in the US market, much less in Asia. The ones here are the really cheap ones, like the DBOYS...so, I reiterate my point. Don't assume a metal STANAG in Airsoft is a "durable" magazine.

As for polymer mags not being realistic? I beg to differ. IMG_20211030_172740.jpg

Airsoft variant next to real one...it's pretty realistic...

16. simple gunner

simple gunner New Member

aurora
    ok, so where can i find some of those "Pmag" airsoft mags

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2021
  17. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Unmarked ones are sold at Evike and I can get the marked box sets PMAGS to you directly or you can get it off ebay. IMG_20211030_172532.jpg

Arcturus D-Day Gen 3 Replica PMAG Varicap.

Holds 130 or 30 BBs with a flip of the switch on the inside cartridge.

18. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Message me if you don't want to acquire these at retail prices.

They also come in Tan.

19. simple gunner

simple gunner New Member

aurora
    like i said earlier, will do.