Airsoft Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently got a new hop-up chamber and inner barrel for my WIP cyma AK. It was the proWin model and those don't come with internal parts so you have to use your old ones. My OG hop was OED and really crappy, and the adjustment arm is going to break any day now. I looked all over the internet but I can't find any internal parks that aren't buckings or spacers.

I'd be willing to pay someone to machine me some internal AK hop-up parts, depending on the price. Unless there are internals on the market somewhere, I think this is my only option.

I guess DM me with your email or something and we can go from there if you're serious.
If I'm dumb and just didn't look in the right places, reply to this thread.

Edit: Uploaded a photo of said adjustment arm, in black, and my hopup in blue. As you can see the screw holding the knob in place has broken the part that holds the knob onto the arm and I feel like any day now it'll just pop right off. Sorry for sideways image

· Administrator
12,536 Posts
Just buy an aftermarket kit and switch it out. Look up Modify V3 Hop-up on evike.

BTW...the Modify one and PW will work the same when you swap the parts...

· Premium Member
6,422 Posts
Why are people almost obsessed with metal hop-up parts? The best hop-up units I've used, and still use are all plastic apart from the screws. I'd just get a CYMA plastic hop-up unit and pair it with a nice hop-up rubber.

· Administrator
12,536 Posts
Shiney is better!

· Premium Member
4,672 Posts
That, and durability. A decent metal unit is pretty indestructible... Whereas a plastic one can break from cold, age, piston impact...

I do actually know a few guys that can CNC custom hopups... But they know how much their labor is worth, so it's not worth it for a one-and-done order.

· Premium Member
6,422 Posts
I have done airsoft for 16 years now and have actually never seen a broken hop-up chamber, plastic or metal. It doesn't seem to be a very common issue from what I've seen. A CNCed alu chamber is obviously significantly more durable than a molded ABS chamber, but it's not exactly a high stress part.

· Registered
1,349 Posts
I've broken two G36 hop up units already (but not from use) due to the poor design of the whole front barrel assembly.

Reactions: JHat and -Spitfire-

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why are people almost obsessed with metal hop-up parts? The best hop-up units I've used, and still use are all plastic apart from the screws. I'd just get a CYMA plastic hop-up unit and pair it with a nice hop-up rubber.
Well as I said in the OP, my old hopup adjustment arm is about to break so I'm going to need replacement parts anyway. I want durable interal parts, which is why I'm interested in metal ones.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have done airsoft for 16 years now and have actually never seen a broken hop-up chamber, plastic or metal. It doesn't seem to be a very common issue from what I've seen. A CNCed alu chamber is obviously significantly more durable than a molded ABS chamber, but it's not exactly a high stress part.
I'm talking about the adjustment arm. My hop chamber itself is a brand new ProWin so I'm not concerned about it breaking. I'm concerned about the adjustment arm, which is what I consider an internal hopup part. I want a new one because the one i have right now is made of very thin plastic and the actual adjustment knob that screws in is cracked and could potentially break off when i try to adjust it

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just buy an aftermarket kit and switch it out. Look up Modify V3 Hop-up on evike.

BTW...the Modify one and PW will work the same when you swap the parts...
The PW doesn't come with any internals, so you have to swap out your old hop up arm and adjustment arm and spacer, etc. It only came with 1 usable screw, so I'm stuck with my old flimsy plastic adjustment arm, which is what I'm mostly concerned about.

Also my gun is a CYMA AK, the only Modify hopup on evike is a radial style hopup for m4/m16 style AEGs so those aren't the parts I need

· Premium Member
6,422 Posts
I'm talking about the adjustment arm. My hop chamber itself is a brand new ProWin so I'm not concerned about it breaking. I'm concerned about the adjustment arm, which is what I consider an internal hopup part. I want a new one because the one i have right now is made of very thin plastic and the actual adjustment knob that screws in is cracked and could potentially break off when i try to adjust it
The only adjustment arm I've ever broken was actually a metal arm, none of the plastic arms have broken. I have worn out one on my oldest AK, that's it really.

· Administrator
12,536 Posts
In some cases you need the adjustment arm to be plastic so it flexes...I hope you do not need it to flex if you go all metal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.