MG placement/Defending objective

Discussion in 'Tactics & Strategies' started by J-Snipez, Oct 4, 2012.

1. J-Snipez

J-Snipez New Member

Decatur
    Post your strategy for this situation, I'm training 59 highschool students for war in July 2013 need some senarios to talk about

2. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    SO, you are training them and yet have no idea what to do?
    Call me crazy, but I find that weird.

3. J-Snipez

J-Snipez New Member

Decatur
    I do I just want real world strategy examples

4. Dante

Dante New Member

Omaha
    that is weird that you have so little info and knowledge that you're asking online, but you are training them.

first i advise finding one of those army/marine corps type handbooks that are sold in barnes and noble. great for info, and fun little diagrams....i love diagrams.

second if you want any advice from us, we need more information. are you training them for urban warfare, woods, etc. what kind of terrain and field will you be playing on, and do you have access to a similar area to do this training?

5. Dante

Dante New Member

Omaha
    i will tell you the basics that don't really ever change for now.

1. set up MGs or any other sort of hvy weapon in good cover. 360degrees of cover and an escape route if necessary.

2. position MGs so that they have overlapping fields of fire for mutual support.

3. cover all primary avenues of approach. (AoAP) do your best to cover any secondary AoAPs as well.

if you can get all of those you will be set pretty good, but if you can't it's up to you to decide which ones are the most important.