Micro Switch Triggers and Mosfets

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by tmxshocker, Nov 16, 2012.

1. tmxshocker

tmxshocker Member

I plan on getting a MagPul PTS Masada and running an 11.1v lipo, but i was wondering if it is necessary to get a mosfet because it has a micro switch trigger-which i believe dont have trigger contacts,correct me if in wrong. And before you say dont run a lipo through that! Im putting in plenty of upgrades but thats besides the point. I hear i should get a mosfet but it should be non braking because lipos cause micro switches to "chatter", which is bad, and the braking besides the other benefits and defects, causes more "chattering" also this gun i plan to run cqb only with, in semi only-field rule- and so that means its going to have a weak spring and this build is for me to get great trigger response, im thinkin of getting the Bravo AMU #1 mosfet, and im not going to save money and build my own so dont recoment that please, but so if any, what mosfet should i get?

2. GreenListerine

GreenListerine New Member

If you are using semi only, just make your own standard MOSFET.. It's like $7

3. tmxshocker

tmxshocker Member

I just said that is not an option, i cant do that, nor do i want to.

4. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    Read, OP said that wasn't an option.

The mosfet you've picked out will work, but there are better for cheaper. The only thing I'm unsure of is if the one you've picked out has AB or not. As long as it doesn't have AB, then you will be ok. It's when you have AB that the microswitch really becomes a problem.

5. tmxshocker

tmxshocker Member

It doesnt have AB, thats why i picked it, what are the better options that are cheaper though?

6. Sohte

Sohte Member

San Jose/ Bay Area
    I just installed one of Bludragon's PCB mosfets and its great, you can probably use the micro mosfet he has if your not using an 11.1 lipo.

7. Col1500

Col1500 New Member

Kent
    He should be fine using an 11.1. Bludragon says his can handle 14.8 volts and 50 amps I believe. The 3034 MOSFET itself can handle much more.

8. GreenListerine

GreenListerine New Member

Yep.. Buy a MOSFET from someone local who makes them based from the 3034. I make and sell them for $20, which is about as much as everyone sells them for..

9. tmxshocker

tmxshocker Member

Also does anyone know more specifically or is avle to describe it better, how lipos effect, negatively or positively, micro switch triggers?

10. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    micro switches are not rated for high discharge batteries (but you can purchase ones that are). LiPo's are very high discharge batteries. that should give you an idea. then again, you still get high discharge damage on conventional trigger contacts from LiPo's. since you are going to use a mosfet, there shouldn't be any trigger issues whether it be a micro switch or not.

if you need replacement micro switches, let me know and i can post a link. micro switches have a much better trigger feel.