Microswitches

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by PistolsAndMP5s, Jul 19, 2012.

1. PistolsAndMP5s

PistolsAndMP5s New Member

Corona
    Before some of you say google it, I already have.
    I'm paranoid that my microswitch for my Ares M4 will burn out. Where can you purchase a microswitch for it? A link would be much appreciated!

2. deathmechanic

deathmechanic Active Member

Davis
    Contact ARES directly they can ship you or point you in the direction of one. Radius your GB before you go much further as the ARES m4s love to crack off there front end of the GB.

3. PistolsAndMP5s

Corona
    How good are they about replying to their emails? (I dont wanna have to wait monthes before a reply, you know?)
    How long before they crack on a m90 spring?

4. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0058GKTZC/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00

open up the microswitch top half with an xacto knife and remove the roller lever. works fine. you may need to trim off the excess prongs. they have the same specs as the stock microswitches, but, my stock ones haven't failed yet. i use a mosfet. i keep those in my spares box.

5. PistolsAndMP5s

Corona
    Thanks alex! I was waiting for you to come online so I can bombard you with questions! Since I know you have an ARES Tavor. Haha thank you so much

6. KingCobra

KingCobra New Member

moyock
    +1 to alex. I'd go t radioshack and find a matching switch. I use the same switched in my nitrous set-up in my car and i burn them out oftne.

7. PistolsAndMP5s

Corona
    After how many rounds do they burn out?

8. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    these are the power ratings for the microswitch: 15A 250V AC, 0.6A 125V DC, 0.3A 250VDC, 15A 125V AC

if you use a mosfet, they will never burn out.

9. EagleDriver

EagleDriver Member

10. Mystery43_4

Mystery43_4 New Member

Santa Barbara
    Good point, but I will add that micro switch bounce is really only an issue when paired with an AB FET.

11. PistolsAndMP5s

Corona
    Whats the "bounce" issue? I havent experienced it but I've heard of it.

12. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    micro switch turns on and off rapidly caused by an AB fet until it over heats and pops the fuse.

13. Col1500

Col1500 Member

Kent
    In switches, there's a metal plate with a spring that you contact when you push the button in. Bouncing is when you push the button and that plate and spring sort of bounce on and off of the contact which causes very fast variations of on and off signals. It can be fixed through making a debouncing circuit, usually a monostable circuit.

14. Retrospection

Retrospection Member

Kimballton
    If your looking for microswitches, I suggest amazon as already stated, or radio shack has a huge selection