Mid caps or high caps?

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by Deerhuntbj, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Deerhuntbj

Deerhuntbj New Member

Charlotte
    Should I buy MAG 130 round mid caps for my Well M4 or GB 300 round high caps, they are the same price.

2. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    Mid caps every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

3. 703

703 Active Member

Your going to get both sides of the story on mags. Think about how you play and what will fit your playing style better.

Pros of hicaps

- Hold more ammo per mag
    - Dont need a speedloader

Cons of hicaps

- Rattle ( can possibly give position away )
    - You have to wind it and that can get annoying

Pros of midcaps

- No winding
    - Feels more realistic
    - No rattle

Cons of midcaps

- Need a speedloader to fill them
    - hold less ammo

Imo ive tried both and found hicaps to be more convienent. Winding the mag is a pain but its much better than filling the speedloader and then filling the mag.
    Also where I play its fast paced action and hicaps are just easier to use. I tried midcaps but filling the speedloader and then the mag and then the speedloader was just a pitta that I sold them and got hicaps.

Like I said above, Think about where you play and how you play and then decide.
    We cant choose for you because it comes down to personall prefrence. What I like isnt necisarily what the guy standing next to me does. Hope this helps

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  4. Toasty

Toasty New Member

Danville
    My, admittedly rather odd, preference is starting with one high-cap in the gun and swapping out for the mid caps when things get low. Why? Not sure actually. I think it's just because I got a bunch of high-caps free and I just want to use them until they break.

Though that aside, I would just go with mid caps. And, well, i'm positive that's what near everyone else will say too. They're just nifty.

5. hex136

hex136 New Member

I hate winding high caps but they are more useful to me than mid caps. thats just in my opinion.

6. theCOLE

theCOLE New Member

High caps suck. ...............

7. ChicagoTed

ChicagoTed New Member

I completely agree. High caps don't feed quite as well, and many Mil sim events won't allow you to use them. Having the random high cap helps when trying to do something with your gun, such as break in a barrel, but I wouldn't game with them. And I find it more fun having to reload a lot!
    What's even the point of having multiple high caps, much less one you use in a game?

8. Redfalcon

Redfalcon New Member

Can you provide details and experience on this matter please? I think it would helpful to the Thread author...

In my experience I found midcaps to be the best because there is no rattle, I wasn't hit several times because no one herd bbs rattling around to give me away.
    They are a pain to load but, I would just buy a very large speed loader to combat this.

9. ChicagoTed

ChicagoTed New Member

Rattling has never been a reason to not use high caps for me, I simply hate how you can carry more ammo than you will need for a single firefight in one mag. To me it is compatible in feeling to baking a cake from scratch, and buying a pre measured cake kit. Both are good and satisfying, but the one you worked hard on(being mid caps) is a bit more enjoyable. Or perhaps that's just my culinary side.

10. Grabau

Grabau New Member

Get one of each and try both out and see which one you like better

11. Charkzilla20

Charkzilla20 New Member

I use mids. More realism, allows Milsim, no rattling. :)

12. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    What if he doesn't want to sped money on something he doesn't like?

13. Charkzilla20

Charkzilla20 New Member

Then he'll either have to get more money, have a use for either one if he decides on one, or decide...

14. sp7549

sp7549 New Member

San Diego
    None, flash mags feed every single BBC all you have to do is wind for 5 seconds.

15. Charkzilla20

Charkzilla20 New Member

Oh yes. Those are beast. But do those have rattling bbs?

16. sp7549

sp7549 New Member

San Diego
    I don't know I will let you know I just ordered one.

17. SamuraiBlack

SamuraiBlack New Member

Get low caps, those are the most realistic.

18. NFFCforever

NFFCforever New Member

That in no way means that they are better

19. Redfalcon

Redfalcon New Member

He didn't say they were better, just more realistic...

I agree, BUT only if your into super mislim stuff...

20. Grabau

Grabau New Member

Then he doesn't have to, i'm not making him, he asked a question, I answered it