Mid caps vs high caps

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by pancakemix56, Jan 25, 2012.

1. pancakemix56

pancakemix56 New Member

Boston
    I see a lot of discussion and I see each sides strong points and weak points. I have a g&p m16a3 and normally I stand on the side of mid caps, better feeding, no maracas, no winding, but my m16 shoots 23 bbs per second. I'd love to have midcaps but I'd need a ton and that's super expensive. What do you guys think?

2. woodlandcamo

woodlandcamo New Member

worcester
    i have both, 20 mid caps and 15 high caps, i use mid caps in cqb and both mid and high when in the field.
    i don't carry all of them at the same time, unless its a scenario that doesn't have breaks for reloading, this is mostly field games though.
    i personally like to carry alot of mid caps in cqb, i'm heavy on the trigger.

3. Robin-Hood

Robin-Hood Active Member

High Caps:
    Pros:
    Lots of ammo
    Fewer Reloads

Cons:
    Loud Rattle
    Not allowed at any good events
    Promote 'spray' (opinion, lets not argue)
    Can be seen as 'noobie' by certain elitists

Mid Caps:
    Pros:
    Silent
    Allowed almost everywhere
    More reliable (less moving parts)
    Better Feeding at higher RPS (generally)
    Never 'frowned upon'

Cons:
    Less ammo

23RPS isn't fast at all. Last OP I went to my gun was running just shy of 32 (which still isn't fast) and I only ran 8 x 75rd mid caps. Accurate, controlled fire makes the world of difference. You will adjust pretty quickly once you make the switch.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  4. pancakemix56

pancakemix56 New Member

Boston
    35 mags??? That's like 350 dollars!!!!

5. Robin-Hood

Robin-Hood Active Member

I have about that many too, but only 4 or 5 high caps which were 'freebies'. (came with guns)

6. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Pierce County
    Just because your gun can shoot 23 RPS doesn't mean it has to shoot 23 BBs every second.

Practice trigger control, aiming, and fire discipline and you won't need more than 6 or 7 extra mids.

Besides, if you're not topping off your mags during luls in the battle or in respawn, then you are missing a great opportunity.

7. pancakemix56

pancakemix56 New Member

Boston
    The big con I'm seeing is price. I will use about 1500 rounds in one game. Let's say I need 2000 just for safe measures. Now with midcaps and high caps being about the same price I can get that amount of bbs for a hell of a lot cheaper.

8. Robin-Hood

Robin-Hood Active Member

Look on ehobbyasia or what not. You can get a box of 10 mid caps for like $50-$60. They're not expensive.

High caps normally run like 20 bucks. Mids are cheaper and a better investment in the long run in my opinion.

9. pancakemix56

pancakemix56 New Member

Boston
    Thanks I found a one for 5 dollars per mid cap. I'll take that. Idk the shipping charges over seas tho

10. AirsoftimusPrime

AirsoftimusPrime Active Member

Satellite Beach
    I go through 1-2 90rd midcaps shooting ~35rps in a one hour game. Sometimes I won't even use a full mag. I'm big on semi and refuse to do support fire for newbs who don't understand that it doesn't work when I'm the only one doing it and 4 people have their sights trained on him.

11. CalTacAirsoft

CalTacAirsoft New Member

Same here, I prefer semi over full auto, I go through 1 an a half 120 round midcaps.

12. richman992

richman992 Well-Known Member

Rochester
    I hate hi caps with a passion. They're absolutely awful in my opinion. The main thing I want in a magazine is fast, consistent feeding. And my high cap can't even keep up with my stock ak... Not only that, but it takes a lot of the realism out if you don't have to reload, but just have to twist your mags. High caps turn airsoft into paintball with cooler guns, imho.

13. pancakemix56

pancakemix56 New Member

Boston
    who makes a better 130 mid cap, king arms or MAG

14. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    In my experience that MAGs feed much better. The majority of the King Arms mids that I've used have had some feeding problems, and that's the general feedback I've heard from a lot of other users as well.

15. Robin-Hood

Robin-Hood Active Member

MAG by far, King Arms mid caps are rubbish.

16. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    What's your opinion on 75 round midcapps? Too little?

17. ArielNechemia

ArielNechemia New Member

I think a 75rd mid cap is kinda small, a over 120rd midcap I think would be suitable. The one thing I dont like about large midcap is that if u don't have a electric speed loader and if u have lots of mags to load then it is gonna be a pain.

18. BALA

BALA New Member

arad
    from my point of view , we play only with MIDCAP.why? we have a new quality of our games , we have to use more tactics to goal , it's a new dimension for airsoft games. more realistic.more accuracy.more dificult.we used HICAP.and now we can compare. it's different.but OK.

19. BALA

BALA New Member

arad
    there are 125 round MID? why not?

20. AFAJoker

AFAJoker New Member

I agree with this. Our team only allows mid if you wanna join the team that is. We don't mind people that think they have to have high caps just can't join the team. In 90% of you BIG events mid are the only ones allowed. High cap produce spray and pray. Mid cap produce trigger control. If you just play airsoft high caps are the way to go. If you want to take the game to the next lvl mid caps will get you there.