Mike38prexies new loadout.

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by MR38, Oct 15, 2012.

1. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    Or the last couple mouths I have been planning on creating on making a new loadout for this upcoming spring and summer.

Here is my list so far.

Flyye Coyote Brown EPC set on shootcqbgear
    Flyye Coyote Brown hydration pack- Type not yet chosen.
    Bravo/Dboys RDW AEG
    KJW GBB 1911
    Blackhawk 1911 Surpa holster.
    Multicam ACUs- already bought.
    Emerson Fast helmet tan
    IR Flag patches.
    Thunder B's
    Smith Optics Boogie Goggles
    Boots not yet chosen
    Gloves not yet chosen.

Let me know what you think about my list so far. I'm up for any suggestions but my budget is under $1000 at most. I am also not buying my list all at once I am buying it bit by bit over the winter. I might not even buy the RDW until next summer.

2. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    Are you trying for something semi realistic or just piecing stuff together?

3. TheCaptainAlmighty

TheCaptainAlmighty New Member

Gallifrey
    I suggest Khaki for the EPC. If you look at the OD vs Tan Loadout thread, Knief shows many pictures where Khaki fits well in the woods, and since it technically is a tan, it'll work well in an arid environment also.

4. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    I'm just really piecing stuff together that I think would look good together and be effective. I don't really have the budget, patience or desire to make an impression loadout.

I already own some Coyote Brown gear and it has worked well for me in woodland so far. I also just prefer its look over Khaki.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  5. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    Fair enough. May I suggest waiting on some legit gear, however? For instance, I just saw an EI EPC go for $140 a couple weeks ago. With your budget as high as it is, there's no reason to settle for repro gear when the real deal can be had for not much more and you're in no rush.

6. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    It really does not matter to me if it is or isn't the real deal and I'd like to be able to save as much money as possible. And brand names do not matter much to me. Flyye's EPC also comes with pouch already with it as well. I'm will be using it for mainly this summer and after that It could be years until it sees use again because I will be starting college next fall.

7. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    It's been three days so I'm just gonna give my thread a little bump to start it back up again.

8. TheCaptainAlmighty

TheCaptainAlmighty New Member

Gallifrey
    Anything you need help with? Your plan seems solid.

9. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    I'm not sure on what boots or gloves I should get. I have walmart boots now and I use carhartt gloves that are too large for me so I defiantly need to upgrade those as well.

10. Devgru98

Devgru98 New Member Supporting Member

Polo
    I personally am going with mechanix gloves, seems to be a popular choice. But it's up to you.

11. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    I'm going to tell you what I tell everyone.

Merrell Sawtooths and Mechanix gloves. Any Mechanix gloves. I have loved every pair I have ever owned.

12. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    Any gloves that are not like a set of boxing mitts and still match my loadout?

13. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    The PIG dexterity gloves off SKDtac.com should do the trick. I don't know how well they're made though.

14. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    The Mechanix originals are practically like a second skin as far as my experience goes. Right now I'm rocking Mechanix M-Pact 2012's. I'll upload a pic of one on my hand...

BTW, they look a bit big but they're really not... The camera adds 10 pounds! ;P

IMG_3251.jpg

IMG_3252.jpg

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
  15. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    The mechanix gloves are also nice. I may grab a pair too:p.

16. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
  17. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    Does anyone have any experience with Magnum Boots as far as sizing comfort and durability?

18. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    Here is what my loadout currently looks like. It's almost finished I'm just waiting for a few things in the mail like my sordin replicas, a hydro pouch and a few other pouches.

image-577888796.jpg

19. Shadow_Nugz

Shadow_Nugz New Member

Sioux City
    Tuck that top in and try again! Looking decent

20. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    I was just throwing my gear together and didn't have my pants on. When the rest of my gear comes in I'll post a finished loadout picture.