Mike's Teching Journey

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by nefabe99, Jan 9, 2013.

1. nefabe99

nefabe99 New Member

Hey, my name is Mike. I am starting this thread to take you on my journey of discovering the world of Teching. My main goal is to get good enough to the point where I can fix other people's gearboxes for a profit. So, I thought the best way to start is by upgrading my G&G cm16.

2. Archer627

Archer627 Active Member

Figgington
    Well, let's hear your parts list and the list of mods you plan on doing. Also, take it slow.

3. Flocktime

Flocktime New Member

NukeTown
    Decent start gun wise. There is a lot to fix in that CM so it will be a long journey. What do you plan on upgrading, picture of before and after of the gearbox would be neat. External upgrade before and after would alse be good if you plan on touching the outsides. Parts list would be good.

A little bit sniped.

4. nefabe99

nefabe99 New Member

Everything on the cm16 is stock as of right now except for the new hop up I just put in. The new hop up in it is a Modify M4 hop up which includes 2 different arms for fine tuning. My goal is to eventually make it have an overall decent speed and be shooting 390 to 400 FPS. Please send any suggestions for what upgrade I will do next and anything I should do to improve my overall airseal on the hopup. I would also like to change the bucking, if anyone has any suggestions!

5. 5upreme7eam

5upreme7eam New Member

You should first learn how to fully disassemble the rifle all the way down to the bolts and nuts and rebuilt it all the way back up. Once you get that down, take apart the gearbox slowly.

6. nefabe99

nefabe99 New Member

I already know how to, I just don't understand the different company parts and how good they are. And also what would happen if I did this rather than this( pros vs cons).

7. Flocktime

Flocktime New Member

NukeTown
    DIY mods, new motor is a must. M120 spring, if you want range you can rhop it. Swiss cheese the piston, complete airseal, 13:1 lonex gears(? on the ratio). New piston because the G&G piston is 100% plastic.

8. nefabe99

nefabe99 New Member

First of all send me a list of the certain brand of part and what is r hop anyways? Also, do I really need new gears?

9. 5upreme7eam

5upreme7eam New Member

If your going for a high speed setup (40+ rps), then start buying parts that Flocktime is suggesting. Lonex high torque motor are good for high speed setups and are dirt cheap. I wouldn't do a M120 spring if your trying to build a high speed gun though. You will also need to pick up a sorbo pad to dampen the impact when the piston hits the cylinder head. Get the AOE perfect too.

10. nefabe99

nefabe99 New Member

I said decent high speed but it still needs to be a good field gun. It needs to shoot 390 to 400 FPS and around 20 RPS. And also wouldn't sorbo pads decrease FPS?

11. Archer627

Archer627 Active Member

Figgington
    Go read some other threads and you will learn...

12. nefabe99

nefabe99 New Member

Learn exactly what subject? I have read the forums a lot on parts and mods and how they work. Though for some people it may better than others. But thank you for the advice. :) I never got my question answered though what is R hop?

13. Archer627

Archer627 Active Member

Figgington
    Look it up if you don't know. There's hundreds of pages of info about it. Try and do some legwork, please?

14. nefabe99

nefabe99 New Member

Also, this is the new hop up I put in it. The bucking remains the same stock one. Also the metal o-ring goes where the back of the hop up meets with the gearbox and air nozzle to ensure good BB feeding and a good air seal.

Attached Files:

15. 5upreme7eam

5upreme7eam New Member

Yes, sorbo would decrease the fps. Didn't know if you wanted a high RPS or what. Don't do the sorbo.

16. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Read through my Tech Builds and notes diary thread :) scroll on down and look through the pages :)

- You'll get a feel for what parts people are using. What brands and etc.
    - what parts do what lol.

There's a lot of work to be done to a CM16 lol

17. nefabe99

nefabe99 New Member

So found out what rhop is but it seems rather confusing to install is there any videos on installing one?

18. rich635

rich635 Active Member

Los Angeles
    Youtube has literally hundreds of videos on R-hop. Search it, watch it, decide if you want to do it or not (there are other hop-up mods). And I recommend the sorbo, it might reduce the FPS, but only by a fraction, and it helps correct AoE, as well as dampening sound. With an M120, it should still be in the upper 300s with decent compression. I've heard of M110s getting 380, I'm sure an M120 could do as well as that.

19. nefabe99

nefabe99 New Member

Thanks for the advice I think RHop might be my next purchase.

20. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Attempt to do the flat hop mod first before even attempting a R-Hop :) save you some money lol.