Mini Guide: Matching Vest Color to Camo

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by Knief, Jul 4, 2013.

1. E135

E135 Active Member

Except black based camos (why would someone use them anyways).

2. TXWolf86

TXWolf86 New Member

Fort Worth
    Thanx for letting me know, been wondering about that aspect. Multicam would do way better in an area like mine so I'll stick to that. I found some uniforms made by Tru-Spec that can fit me, best place to go is the manufacturer site itself to get a good deal on them.

3. TXWolf86

TXWolf86 New Member

Fort Worth
    Night time games most likely.

4. E135

E135 Active Member

Black actually kind of sucks at night games. You would be better with grey clothing, or even the UCP camo. Black really only works when the rest of the environment is also black (such as an area full of charred earth) and without light. All it would take for you to get noticed is a pair of adjusted eyes to the light level and the light from the moon and stars. If people have flashlights, then it will not matter, and you will be better off with whatever is usually the camo for the environment.

Edit: I have no idea why I just made a paragraph sized post about camos, even though I have almost no first hand experience.

5. Tactical_Skittles

Tactical_Skittles Active Member

Moscow
    Black is the best, because black looks cool, and looking cool is all you need to be super operator.

6. The Ghost

The Ghost New Member

Sorry pic didn’t post
    [​IMG]

7. Pharaoh

Pharaoh Active Member Supporting Member

Great thread, but i'm still not much closer to a decision. I'm going multicam clothing. I can't decide between a CB or OD plate carrier. Right now I'm just running woodland camo with a FLC. I will still be running woodland clothing sometimes, depending. I'm in the pacific northwest, so no real desert. I want to do mil-sim west eventually, NATO side.
    Whats the current issue army PC/armor color with their multicam uniforms?

8. Bostitch

Bostitch Well-Known Member

Waldorf
    I know this is a very old thread and I hope I'm not stepping on any toes, but I actually just did something like this for reddit and have a few combo's that I don't see in here that may be of interest to some people...

[​IMG]
    OD/coyote
    [​IMG]
    OD/Multicam
    [​IMG]
    OD/black
    [​IMG]
    Wolf Gray/coyote (yes i know the center of the shirt look a bit purple due to lighting but you get the idea)
    [​IMG]
    Wolf Gray/Multicam
    [​IMG]
    Wolf Gray/black
    [​IMG]
    CCE/Multicam (CCE is basically a French version of m81 Woodland...the pattern and colors are very similar, so it would look about the same with american m81)
    [​IMG]
    CCE/Black (i know OP has m81 and black but the link seems to be broken, so here).

I should have done this before i got rid of my RG Slickster, but l'll have something new in RG soon enough, and probably some MCBlk too (carrier and top...already have pants) so i will add more updates as I get more stuff if people are interested.

aotsukisho likes this.
  9. Bostitch

Waldorf
    And now MCBlk in the mix...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And a new setup also...Mas grey PACA with LBX snow raptor...trying to decide if I want to dust it with some green or leave it...
    [​IMG]

10. Bostitch

Waldorf
    I have an obscure one to add now...
    SWEDISH M90:

[​IMG]
    M90/CB

[​IMG]
    M90/Multicam

[​IMG]
    M90/Black

[​IMG]
    M90/RG

Mjolnir likes this.
  11. BeansOnToast

BeansOnToast Active Member

Seattle
    Since you seem to be the only one posting on this semi dead thread, what green based camo goes with grey gear? An even better question is what color if none match.

12. Bostitch

Waldorf
    Unfortunately i don't have any gray gear... but I would think pretty much any green based camo would go with it. Gray gear probably wouldn't be much different in looks than black

13. BeansOnToast

BeansOnToast Active Member

Seattle
    Thanks! I imagine it would be about the same as black.

14. smiles

smiles Active Member

fleetwood
    Where did you get the m90 set from? That's always been one of the camos on my list to buy some day. Now I actually have the money for it

15. Bostitch

Waldorf
    https://armygross.se/en/clothing/swedish-army-m90-clothing/ (direct link for all the M90 stuff).
    They're based in Sweden but they ship quick internationally and have good products. I think I got my stuff within 10 days of ordering.

16. Bostitch

Waldorf
    Adding two more to the list...

AOR1:
    [​IMG]
    AOR1/CB

[​IMG]
    AOR1/MC

[​IMG]
    AOR1/RG

[​IMG]
    AOR1/Black

and

Navy Blue (it's dark navy, pictures make it look black...either way will look about the same):
    [​IMG]
    Navy/CB

[​IMG]
    Navy/MC

[​IMG]
    Navy/RG

[​IMG]
    Navy/Black

17. Bostitch

Waldorf
    And now Multicam tropic in the mix: