Misaligned Red Dot Help

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by Laserfish, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Laserfish

Laserfish Active Member

Columbia
    I recently got this red dot sight as part of a trade. I'm unsure of the brand or model since it has very few markings. I've included pictures of the only three markings on the optic just in case that helps anyone. Maybe you guys can help. As you can see in the pictures below, the front lens is crooked and the ring inside that holds the laser is out of place. I've tried both the adjustment knobs and had no luck. I've also googled the problem to no end but can't even find any disassembly information, let alone a solution to my problem. Any info on disassembly or solutions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    there really is no disassembly of that you can really do. Its a cheap knockoff so repair is limited. it looks as though that lens that is crooked may have been glued back in but that could just be the picture as well. From what it looks like your SOL. sorry to say that but I havnt been able to disassemble my friends sights that are china clones.

3. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    You can't really take a red dot apart. The tube isn't filled with normal air, but pure nitrogen. There's too much moisture in air and it would fog up every time it went through a moderate temperature change. If you pop a lens off, you're creaking that seal and ruining the dot. Long story short, the thing is dead and you need a new optic.

4. thatsplashguy

thatsplashguy New Member

This probably doesn't help but it's a leapers quick aim sight.

5. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
  6. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    Yep. Leapers/UTG is an american owned company (based in Michigan) that makes and buys everything in/from China.

7. Laserfish

Laserfish Active Member

Columbia
    Damn. Oh well, it was part of a big trade with a bunch of other stuff so it's not such a bad loss. Thanks guys.