Airsoft Forum banner
1 - 20 of 128 Posts

· Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have decided to start a Särskilda Operationsgruppen (SOG) loadout. First off, I'm not going for an impression yet; I just want to get the basics out of the way. Secondly, I am starting completely from scratch. And finally, I am going to need help discerning exactly what gear I will need for this.

I know I need a set of M90s and for the blaster I'm thinking a G36 or an AK5. That's about as far as I've gotten. Below are some pictures of SOG operatives for reference. Honestly, woodland or desert M90 doesn't really matter to me-- whichever I can get for cheaper I will go with. Any help, advice, input, Q&C, etc. is greatly appreciated. (Especially if someone knowledgeable could draw up a rough kit list from one or more of the pics)

Camouflage Squad Ballistic vest Military camouflage Helmet

Squad Military camouflage Marines Cargo pants Military uniform

Squad Military camouflage Camouflage Cargo pants Ballistic vest

Attachments

· Registered
2,233 Posts
I see ops core ballistic helmets, I also see one safariland 6004 on the guy on the left, on his hip.

· Registered
2,233 Posts
No sorry not enough for me to see. Some one else might be able to tell though... My eyes aren't the best...

· Go To OOBI Games
5,961 Posts
I think gearsoc has a thread on Swedish armed forces. Check there.

· Go To OOBI Games
5,961 Posts
Isn't it Thor's hammer? Or am I stupid?

· Super Moderator
14,745 Posts
That's very close to a Land CIRAS. The CIRAS has webbing on the side flaps of the front panel, different shoulder pads, no velcro around the collar and a few other differences. The size and shape, however, are pretty much dead on. FLYYE makes a great Land CIRAS. You can snag it from shootercbgear.com.

That said, if you want to do this kit right, you should track down a real kroppsskydd. It'll obviously be more authentic, but it will also be soooo much cooler.

· Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's very close to a Land CIRAS. The CIRAS has webbing on the side flaps of the front panel, different shoulder pads, no velcro around the collar and a few other differences. The size and shape, however, are pretty much dead on. FLYYE makes a great Land CIRAS. You can snag it from shootercbgear.com.

That said, if you want to do this kit right, you should track down a real kroppsskydd. It'll obviously be more authentic, but it will also be soooo much cooler.
Great, thanks! I want a real one but I have no idea how to go about buying one. All the sites I've found don't accept USD. That, and it's a little out of my price range at the moment...

Looks like its the land CIRAS for now. I'll get one as soon as I decide whether to go for desert or woodland M90's.

· Registered
518 Posts
If you can't find a site that takes USD try and find a site that accepts PayPal. When you pay there's an option to select currency. I've never used it myself, but it may convert your funds. Worth a look at least.

For the vest, if you do plan on getting the legit version some time in the not too distant future you might want to consider skipping the CIRAS. That'll just take away from your future funds, and you'll basically be buying your plate carrier twice.

I'm interested in seeing how this kit progresses, so post up some kit pics once you get some stuff out together.

· Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If you can't find a site that takes USD try and find a site that accepts PayPal. When you pay there's an option to select currency. I've never used it myself, but it may convert your funds. Worth a look at least.

For the vest, if you do plan on getting the legit version some time in the not too distant future you might want to consider skipping the CIRAS. That'll just take away from your future funds, and you'll basically be buying your plate carrier twice.

I'm interested in seeing how this kit progresses, so post up some kit pics once you get some stuff out together.
Thanks for the tip. I'll check out the PayPal option. Though they are still quite pricey. I may have to get the CIRAS, finish the rest of the kit, and get the legit PC at the end.

I'll post pics as soon as I get an M90 combat set.

What do you guys think of this?
http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=400603407982

· Go To OOBI Games
5,961 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I'll check out the PayPal option. Though they are still quite pricey. I may have to get the CIRAS, finish the rest of the kit, and get the legit PC at the end.

I'll post pics as soon as I get an M90 combat set.

What do you guys think of this?
http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=400603407982
It looks overpriced and waaaaaaay off from the actual m90 pattern.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts