Airsoft Forum banner
81 - 100 of 128 Posts

· Registered
913 Posts
Thanks for the clarification. Also, about the g36 mags. Do you have problems fitting them in standard 556 pouches? My initial thought was to get pmags so I don't have to worry about the little studs on the sides of the mags. But, I'd rather not spend the extra money if it's unnecessary.

Till Valhalla!
Legacy sanded the tabs off of his to allow them to fit into a wider variety of pouches. This was his post.

My guess is that it will be dependent on what style of pouch you decide to use; Surely there are double-stack pouches that will actually accommodate 2 G36 mags.

Heck, doesn't Flug own a dozen of the things? He'll probably know better than myself.

· Super Moderator
6,705 Posts
It's impossible to tell what they are from that picture, but judging from the fact that they have bungies, are low cut, and have pals webbing on the front, it could possibly be an ATS 308 triple shingle. Of course I can't confirm that. You will have to research wether or not SOG uses those.

Edit: Yes bonnax, you are absolutely correct. There are indeed pouches that fit 2 g36 mags. Most noticeably the Lindnerhof Taktik doppelmagazin IV pouches. There are also some special helium whisper pouches on a German website that has double mag pouches. The ATS 308 shingle fits a single mag in each slot nicely though.

· Super Moderator
6,705 Posts
SOP is that loose for SOG?

· Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 · (Edited)
Well there's two main things.

There's literally half a dozen confirmed, declassified pictures of SOG in existence. And, in almost every one either A) their gear is either obscured by guns or just plainly censored out; or B) if gear can be identified, it is not consistent from picture to picture.

So, the general consensus among pretty much everyone I've talked to is: SOG be like, what's SOP?

For example, out of 5 reference pictures, lbt 6094s, blackhawk strike PCs, Snigel Design PAL-10s, and Tasmanian Tiger MK IIs have been identified.

Till Valhalla!

· Super Moderator
6,705 Posts
Ok, but just keep in mind that just because they're allowed to use pretty much anything, doesn't mean they will use just anything. Regardless of the fact that they have leniency, you should still look to purchase something that would be very much so in the realm of possibility of what a SOG member would use.

For example in my impression, KSK members can technically use whatever plate carrier they want. That doesn't mean I should just go out and buy a 6094 though. I should still use what would make the most sense. Which in my case would be a LHT Gen III, and your case one of the PC's you mentioned above. It makes the kit more realistic and believable.

· Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Of course. I will use one of the PCs I mentioned. It's not like I'm gonna grab a CIRAS and say "well, they can use whatever they like so, so can I". But, for something like a mag pouch where I can‘t get a solid confirmation from anyone I've talked to... That's a different story.

EDIT: also, that is literally the ONLY reference picture I have found with a magazine pouch even close to fully visible in it.

Till Valhalla!

· Super Moderator
6,705 Posts
Yup, just making sure. Haha. I've know few people who have gone off the deep end when they find out a unit can technically use whatever they want. Their kit doesn't even end up looking at all like the unit they are trying to portray. Lol.

It's good that you want to stay accurate even with a loose SOP.

· Registered
913 Posts
Edit: Yes bonnax, you are absolutely correct. There are indeed pouches that fit 2 g36 mags. Most noticeably the Lindnerhof Taktik doppelmagazin IV pouches. There are also some special helium whisper pouches on a German website that has double mag pouches. The ATS 308 shingle fits a single mag in each slot nicely though.
Edit: Yes bonnax, you are absolutely correct.
Shag me.

I knew this would happen.

· Super Moderator
6,705 Posts
Lol, sorry. I just look at avatars. Bonnax used to rock that avatar.

· Registered
6,142 Posts
Thanks for the input. Could someone positively ID the g36 in the foreground of the last reference picture I posted? I previously thought they were both g36cv's, now I'm starting to think the front one looks more like the k variant.

EDIT: For simplicity I'll just re-uploaded the pic
Both have G36Cs with IDZ stocks and IDZ or KSK carry handles. Top guy has a T1 (I think), gonna agree with Flug on the Comp M2 for the bottom guy. Bottom guy also has what I believe to be a LLM01 and a G36c short RIS.

Yes, g36 mags are a pain if you don't have the proper pouches. You can grind the studs off, but really who wants to have to do that?

I don't know what your impression requires, but I highly recommend g36 pouches or Gmags. The only reason I don't run Gmags is because they don't make gas versions. :(
Airsoft GMags are nearly impossible to get, so I'd just rule that out.
Honestly the easiest is to convert it to M4 mags and run PMags. It may not be kosher but it looks pretty close and is 10000x more functional.
Honestly one reasons I put my KSK kit on hold is because G36 mags are horrible.

· Registered
6,142 Posts
Are these the same things as what you guys mean by 'G Mag'? Because I know of several places to find these. These don't require a conversion to an M4 magwell either. But, like I said earlier they are rather expensive ($100 for 3).

http://www.airsplat.com/Items/ER-G36-PMAG-120.htm
Yes.
Where can you find them? I've scoured the internet and can't find one place where they're in stock.

· Super Moderator
6,705 Posts
You can find them on eBay as well Nuck.

· Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 · (Edited)
If I could get some insight from someone more knowledgeable than I regarding used gear...
What would be a fair price to ask for a used Safariland 6004 for a Glock 17? I know new ones typically run about $100-150, but I have found a few places that sell them as low as ~$75 new. Would the $50-60 range be too low for a used one?

Also, I forgot to upload this pic here yesterday
Outerwear Sleeve Headgear Cool Wood

Till Valhalla!

Attachments

· Super Moderator
6,705 Posts
You can find them for like $25~$35 at gun shows. I've never spent more than $35 on a safariland, and I have about six or seven of them.

· Registered
6,142 Posts
Multiple places, e.g., airsplat. Just search airsoft g36 pmag on Google.

Till Valhalla!
Link me please. Airsplat is OOS as you can't add it to your cart.

You can find them on eBay as well Nuck.
Not any there ATM :(

If I could get some insight from someone more knowledgeable than I regarding used gear...
What would be a fair price to ask for a used Safariland 6004 for a Glock 17? I know new ones typically run about $100-150, but I have found a few places that sell them as low as ~$75 new. Would the $50-60 range be too low for a used one?

Also, I forgot to upload this pic here yesterday
View attachment 101169

Till Valhalla!
$50-$60 used is fair.

81 - 100 of 128 Posts