Airsoft Forum banner
101 - 120 of 128 Posts

· Super Moderator
6,705 Posts
Check my edit, you might have missed it; I need a Safariland 6004.

Till Valhalla!
No, I saw it. I'm talking about 6004's too.

· Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
So it's been awhile, but I'm finally able to get the first real loadout pictures up. Keep in mind that 90% of this will not be part of the finished impression. But, I wanted to get an idea of what the loadout might look like. The big items I have yet to purchase are: G36, G17 with Safariland 6004, and the Plate carrier. Anyway, this is what I have so far.

Camouflage Military camouflage Marines Tree Military person

Camouflage Plant Military camouflage Cargo pants Tree

Camouflage Military camouflage Cargo pants Plant Sunglasses

Camouflage Helmet Military camouflage Cargo pants Plant

Till Valhalla!

Attachments

· Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 · (Edited)
Small update:

You know it's a good day when you find a new reference picture of the incredibly elusive Swedish SOG. This one is of a training exercise held for NATO special operations forces that took place a couples weeks ago. I'm still looking for more pictures from this exercise and for higher quality ones. But, when it comes to SOG photos you have to take what you can get.

Military camouflage Paintball equipment Sports gear Headgear Soldier

The operator on the right is from the Danish Frømandskorpset.

In other news I got payed recently and my Birthday is next week. I should be able to order my G36 then as well as some accessories for it :D

School gets out in less than 5 weeks; I can't wait to get working on this project again.

Attachments

· Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
Thread revival incoming.

Same idea as before: Swedish SOG Impression circa 2014-2018. It will still be based around the G36c. Yes, I know, SOG is starting to phase in the LWRC, however there are pictures as late as just last year with them using G36c's.

Also, base uniform will remain M90. Again, I'm aware they have been spotted wearing Multicam more recently. However, everyone does MC kits, and the idea here is to build something more unique. I do have plenty of reference materials with recent use of M90, so no worries there.

Gear will be mostly Multicam and Coyote Brown, with some specialty items being grey. And, eventually I'll have multiple setups that I can swap between depending on the AO.

Anyway, that's enough for now. Here's a few reference pics, and first piece of gear that's arrived. Stay tuned for lots of updates over the coming days and weeks as stuff starts rolling in.
Camouflage Military camouflage Ballistic vest Plant Snow
Camouflage Squad Military camouflage Ballistic vest Military person
Camouflage Squad Military camouflage Cargo pants Ballistic vest
Dog Cargo pants Military camouflage Camouflage Carnivore
Squad Military camouflage Helmet Military uniform Camouflage
Military camouflage Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas Bottle

· Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
Gucci gear arrival: authentic Swedish Fjällräven G-1000 Vidda Pro pants in dark grey/black. You can see them being worn by a few SOG members in the previous pictures, as well as by SOG and RTF members in pictures below.

These will be replacing my ranger green Emerson G3s.

These pants can go with any of my camo tops (M90, M90k, Multicam, or Civilian). And, they will likely serve as primary pants for the kit, unless I need to run matching top and bottom due to game/team rules.

Haven't gotten a chance to wear them outside yet, but all the reviews I've seen have been stellar. The pants seem very durable and functional, plus they look badass.

Still waiting on main blaster and parts (should get here by Friday *fingers crossed*). Also, some placeholder pouches for the plate carrier, and some helmet upgrades are on the way.
Sleeve Denim Tints and shades Human leg Electric blue
Sleeve Tints and shades T-shirt Denim Electric blue
Brown Outerwear Product Dress shirt Textile
Brown Wood Hood Textile Sleeve
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Car
Military person Military uniform Gesture Plant Marines
Musician Military camouflage Hat Camouflage Marines

· Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
Primary weapon is here! KWA G36c.

I decided on this one mainly because I found a great deal on it. Also, because this will be the first gun I attempt to do some serious internal and external modifications on, I wanted something that I wouldn't be afraid of messing up and learning how to tech with. Everything I've seen/heard about this gun is that it's a great all around workhorse, lots of readily available parts, and relatively easy to work on.

If anyone has some recommendations on where to start as far as internals are concerned, feel free to comment. I probably won't be making any really expensive internal upgrades for awhile, just because I want to get the impression completed beforehand, and that relies more on external mods.

Anyway, the IDZ stock and top rail should be delivered tomorrow, along with some more P-mags. From what I've read, the rail should be easy to do, but the stock requires a little dremel work to fit properly. Again, if anyone reading has experience with changing the stock out on a G36, let me know.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Machine gun

· Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Got the stock and rail attached, as well as a sight.

My triple mag insert, 5 P-mags, and grenade got delivered today as well.

Never used, or even seen this type of grenade before. But, it was only $20, and it made the difference between free shipping and $18 shipping... so, I guess for 2 bucks it can't be that bad.

Unfortunately, the rest of my Swedish flag patches, and the rest of the pouches for my PC won't arrive before game-day on Sunday; however, I'm still excited to test out the gear I do have.
Wood Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Tool
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Machine gun Gun accessory
Military camouflage Wood Bag Luggage and bags Basket

· Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
Small update:

Authentic Swedish grenade pouch and mini flag patch just arrived from Stockholm!

Also added a few minor things to the plate carrier-- chemlights, IFF tape, tourniquets, sharpie, IFAK and pouch, thunder-B and pouch, and mini-MAP.

The MAP is just on there as a placeholder until I can figure out exactly which Camelbak I need.

Next purchase for the plate carrier will be 2 BFG ten-speed double pistol mag pouches, which will go on the front, between the 2 CATs.

I'm also waiting on a few things for the helmet, mainly a cover and a strobe.
Gas Font Soil Electric blue Fiber
Helmet Headgear Audio equipment Gas Musical instrument
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Motor vehicle
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Military camouflage Luggage and bags Automotive exterior
Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Synthetic rubber
Brown Product Luggage and bags Textile Wood
Wood Personal protective equipment Bag Military camouflage Automotive tire
Chainsaw Tool Wood Hand tool Saw

· Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
Helmet cover, helmet light, NVG mount, IR strobe, and pistol mag pouches arrived.

At this point, the plate carrier is 90% finished. Eventually I'll get a kosher hydration carrier, probably the Camelbak ArmorBak. Also, eventually going to replace the IFAK and Thunder-B pouches with real-steel Swedish ones from Snigeldesign. The speed loader is a placeholder for a G17 mag, and I'm also going to replace the flashlight with a shorter one that doesn't stick out as much. Other than that though, everything is pretty much setup how I want it.

The helmet is looking better, but honestly I'm still not happy with it. The Emerson helmet cover I got is surprisingly terrible quality (I know it's a repro, but I've been pleased with Emerson in the past). Also, the helmet itself is really old, and I should probably just replace it.

Next part of the project will be my sidearm setup. Haven't made any purchases yet, but it will be a GBB Glock 17 and some kind of Safariland holster. Still trying to decide on which brand for the gun, and which model for the holster.
Motor vehicle Luggage and bags Glove Bag Gas
Shoe Automotive tire Luggage and bags Bag Personal protective equipment

· Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
Go for a TM G17. Install a 120% recoil spring. Run dry propane. Profit.
I've heard nothing but good stuff about TM. They are a bit pricey for me, though. I may still get one, but I'm just not sure I need to spend that much on my sidearm. Do you have any experience with other brands as far as GBB Glocks go? I'm also looking at a WE one.

· Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
Well, I could spend up to $150 or so (which I think is about how much TMs are-- more with shipping?)

The WE I saw on the same site was closer to $80.

I'd aim for under $120 shipped, but if TM is really worth the extra, I may spring for it. I just don't entirely see the need for such an expensive sidearm when I probably won't use it too much.

· Registered
1,078 Posts
Well, I could spend up to $150 or so (which I think is about how much TMs are-- more with shipping?)

The WE I saw on the same site was closer to $80.

I'd aim for under $120 shipped, but if TM is really worth the extra, I may spring for it. I just don't entirely see the need for such an expensive sidearm when I probably won't use it too much.
If you plan on playing in cold weather (below 40°F), a TM is definitely worth it. Otherwise, a WE will do great as well.

· Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
Big gear delivery today. My M90 pants finally arrived, as well as a box from Amazon with my Camelbak, Safariland, dump pouch, combat shirt, and suppressor.

Brown Camouflage Cargo pants Military camouflage Sleeve

Unfortunately, the M90 pants are a little darker than my combat shirt, so they don't match perfectly. However, the darker shade means they don't clash as much with multicam, so I'm still going to keep them, and just try to get my hands on some real military surplus M90 pants. I mean, you can never have enough gear, right?

Brown Wood Luggage and bags Bag Gas

Camelbak Armorbak.

Brown Camouflage Outerwear Military camouflage Cargo pants

Run of the mill Emerson shirt. Maybe one day I'll spring for something real. Honestly though, this probably won't get used at all unless I'm doing a milsim that doesn't allow weird camo like M90.

Getting closer and closer to having a somewhat serviceable impression. Still very much a WIP, but at least it's coming together finally. I've decided to go with a WE G17 to save some money. I figured between gun, an extra mag, and the holster, I was spending enough on my sidearm. Next purchase will likely be some M90K stuff, if I can find it.

Attachments

· Premium Member
1,706 Posts
My WE G17 worked really well for me what I used it for. It was very much my favorite secondary and I never had any issues with it. I didn't use it every weekend, but it held up well for what I wanted when I fielded it a few times per year.

· Registered
1,057 Posts
Im liking how this is all coming together. Its making me look more and more into doing a more "realistic" loadout. If its multicam (or a close derivative) I may be able to help you out ;) Not that Emerson is bad, but I have never had good luck with it holding up.

· Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
WE Glock 17 just arrived. Unfortunately, I didn't realize until after I ordered the holster, that WE glocks are slightly wider than real steel ones. I forced it into my Safariland and then realized it was impossible to remove by drawing it normally. After completely disassembling the holster, I managed to free the Glock. Luckily, I found that if you remove the Sentry locking mechanism, and the SLS hood guard, it loosens the holster enough to allow the pistol to be drawn. It's still quite tight though, and I kept the SLS hood itself on, just to be safe, but I don't think the gun will budge, even if upside-down.

I've acquired a few other items since the last update as well. The coolest of which is the M90k combat shirt. Also picked up a headset, sling for the G36, a shemagh, and some glint tape for the helmet.

Next items will probably be some first line gear. Gonna go with more BFG for the belt pistol mag pouches, but I'm still trying to figure out the best brand for the blowout kit. Most pics of SOG show them using LBT or Maxpedition ones.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory
Leg Cloud Wood Asphalt Road surface
Brown Outerwear Dress shirt Neck Sleeve
Air gun Trigger Revolver Wood Gun barrel
Camouflage Military camouflage Glove Military uniform Military person

· Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·
Hasty kit layout for the game tomorrow. Still missing a few odds and ends, but nearly 100% complete with the minimum needed to call it an impression. I'm going to try to round it out with a PEQ-15, blowout kit, some more G17 mags, and a kosher IFAK. Replacement helmet has been ordered too, as well as some kosher rain gear.

Next goals are some rifle upgrades, then I'm going to focus on an alternate kit based around either a Snigeldesign PAL-10 or a JPC in Ranger Green.

Eventually I want two complete carriers. The 6094 for use with Multicam uniform, and eventually an LWRC primary; the other will be mostly grey or RG gear for use with M90 and M90K uniform, and the G36 platform.
Camouflage Military camouflage Military uniform Motor vehicle Military person

101 - 120 of 128 Posts