Airsoft Forum banner
121 - 128 of 128 Posts

· Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
Which Glock model is that holster for? I assume a 17/22 since I bought a 20/21 holster for my WE G17 and it fits perfectly.
Yep,17/22.

I wish I'd known about the size difference beforehand, but I'm just happy it fits at all. I saw some posts about the problem after I'd already ordered the holster. I can't be bothered to exchange it now, plus I guess it's actually more accurate for the impression this way.

· Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
New kosher piece of kit!

Taiga NR Field Jacket, shown here in use by Swedish SOG operators at an international sniper competition.

This will be used mostly for garrison/staging area stuff at milsims, especially in the fall and winter, and during operations with heavy rain or cold weather.

On a side note, now that my multicam setup is nearly complete, I've turned my attention to building a new PC based around the Snigeldesign Strap-14. This will be the primary PC for use with my M90 and M90k loadouts.
Brown Dress shirt Sleeve Military uniform Gesture
Brown Outerwear Sleeve Collar Khaki
Camouflage Military camouflage Cargo pants Military uniform Military person

· Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
Finally got my hands on a legit Taiga UAC combat shirt in M90K

Unfortunately, the company I ordered my repro M90k pants from sent me M90 ones instead, so still no full M90K set. They offered to let me keep the pants, and they'd refund 75% of the cost, but at this point I just want a full desert kit.
Brown Outerwear Dress shirt Sleeve Beige
Brown Outerwear Sleeve Beige Collar
Brown Textile Material property Packing materials Pattern

· Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
M90k pants are in! I now have a full set of both woodland and desert cammies.

After some back and forth with the company, they just decided to let me keep the m90 ones and send me the m90k that I ordered for free, so that's cool.

Almost ready for Milsim West now. Just need to get some midcaps. Unfortunately, it seems the old PTS mags for the g36 are extinct. My two options now are to get original g36 mags and trim the locking nubs off with a dremel, so they'll fit in my mag pouches; or, use a stanag adapter. I've heard the adapters aren't very solid, so I'm wary of that option. If anyone has experience with them, let me know. On the other hand, if you have any old magpul g36 mags you want to part with, I'd be more than happy to buy them.
Brown Wood Textile Triangle Beige

· Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
New urban field just opened up 10 minutes away from my apartment, plus I've received dose 2 of the COVID vax now so I'll be getting out and playing a lot more.

Ran the full SOG kit today and everything performed really well. This was my first time fielding the Taiga shirt and pants, and they're so much more comfortable than the repro stuff.

I'm going to try to hit the local fields a few more times before MSW's Saratov event in April. Trying to get the kit totally pinned down by then.
Air gun Shotgun Machine gun Skirmish Marines
Air gun Motor vehicle Machine gun Trigger Shotgun

· Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
Modified my G36 midcaps so they can fit inside standard 556 pouches. Not my prettiest work, but I'll go over it with a file and slap some electrical tape on and it'll get the job done. I'm patiently waiting for PTS Syndicate to make a G36 mag, but until then this will have to work for MilSim West games. Pneumatic tool Bottle Handheld power drill Wood Tool
Brown Luggage and bags Bag Tartan Textile

Attachments

· Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
Well it's been almost 2 years, I guess it's time for an update: haven't bought much gear since the last post, but I did finish the plate carrier by filling out the back panel with a large GP pouch and large roll-up dump pouch. Both fit perfectly together on the Carrier-16 panel (one of the plus sides of using all the same manufacturer for rig and pouches). The GP pouch squishes down flat when not in use, and serves as sort of a mini backpack-- perfect for spare battery, ammo, and snacks on longer milsim ops.

Also got a pair of Taiga Russel combat pants in olive brown (pictured). These are hands down the best pants I've ever worn, airsoft or otherwise. Taiga makes Crye-level quality uniforms exclusively for Swedish special forces and other troops deployed to combat environments. Unfortunately, it's almost impossible to get their uniforms in M90, since they only make them for actively deployed military units, which for the past few years have only been in Afghanistan and Africa (desert environments). Moreover, SOG units are phasing out M90 in favor of multicam, so it will likely only become more scarce in the future.

That brings me to my next update. With the 2014-15 era SOG kit approaching completion, I'll be working on a more modern loadout. LWRC weapon platform, or the best airsoft replica of one I can piece together. The uniform isn't quite decided yet, but potentially going for a VBSS kit with ranger green Crye fatigues, drysuit, or plain-jane multicam. Kind of depends on what the rest of my team wants to go for. Expect some reference pictures, and a plan for the LWRC in the near future.

Finally, a few pictures I found that haven't been posted yet. Currently traveling abroad, and hopefully sampling the local airsoft scene if the weather improves, then looking to make some progress on the impression kit once I return.
Brown Bag Luggage and bags Khaki Motor vehicle

Back panel with large GP pouch and large roll-up dump pouch by Snigeldesign

Camouflage Military camouflage Ballistic vest Shoe Cargo pants

Current iteration of the 2014-15 SOG kit with Taiga Russel combat pants.

Camouflage Military camouflage Ballistic vest Cargo pants Squad

Modern-day SOG during maritime training exercise. Possible idea of what to expect, if we decide to take the new kits in a VBSS direction.

121 - 128 of 128 Posts