Mk18 bulid questions!

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Rocky, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    Ok so i'm going to start of by saying i have nno idea where to start but i have seen mk18 and they are just beutiful.So what should my base gun be and any info would help i'll start doing some reasearch aswell!

2. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    Oh sorry i should specify more i want to build a daniel defense mk18!

3. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Which block do you want to build? Mod 0 or 1? Most likely mod 1 since you said Daniel defense, right?

4. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    What's the differance?Sorry I'm new to this fancy stuff..

5. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Block 1 (mod 0)

[​IMG]

Block 2 (mod 1)

image-2152149578.jpg

Excuse the screenshot... I can't get into half the pictures due to a filter in place at this location.

6. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    Yeah definantly a mod 1!

7. bobsicle

bobsicle New Member

San Jose
    Base gun would likely be a G&P MK18 or a similar equivalent (dunno which) by JG or G&G's Combat Machines :eek: if you're on a budget. That would cover the whole base gun. Accesories (to match that exact picture) would be an EOTech 553, PEQ 15, Tango Down vertical grip and M3X laser attached to a dual switch controller (This covers everything!). If you want the can on top, it's a KAC NT4 QDSS.

You see, I happen to be building a MK18 Mod 0.5 ;)

8. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    Yeah I'm on a budget,So im going to get a cheap base gun and for xmas get all the other stuff,So what length barrel and rails?I'm going to look for parts.

9. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Dd mk18 (9.5") RISII and 10.3" barrel.

10. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

That is hardcore. What parts are you using?

11. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    does it have to be a dniel defense barrell and how does the rail attach?

12. bobsicle

bobsicle New Member

San Jose
    Hope this isn't derailing from the conversation, but I guess OP can learn from this ;)

I'm using a CA M15A4 Sportline base and buying a 10.5 outer barrel for it. I'll be using the KAC can I linked to hide the 363mm inner barrel. For the vert grip, probably a TD shorty. Irons however are undecided. I have both a front triangle sight (from the base gun) and a KAC-esque front iron sight. Rear sights, I have an ACM MBUS Gen 1 and a LMT cutoff. I guess I will most likely be going for a Mod 0 irons and optics with the Mod 1 accessories.

I am running into problems with my outer barrel though; see my thread for help eh heh. Sorry for kinda-jacking OP.

13. bobsicle

bobsicle New Member

San Jose
    The barrel can be any 10.3 or 10.5 length barrel, but the RIS has to be a DD rail. As for how it attaches, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoW-62i6jl4 :cool:

14. bobsicle

bobsicle New Member

San Jose
  15. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    does it have a 10.3 outer barrell i looked at the specs and didn't show it..so if i got it i'd need 9.5 dd ris 2 and all the other stuff.

16. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Yes, it needs a 10.3" (10.5" is close enough).

17. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    The only 9.5 dd ris2 i could find was 100$ At ehobbyasia not including shipping..

18. Munishin

Munishin Well-Known Member

Goodyear
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  19. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior