MK18 | Which one is better?

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by xexsync, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Electric

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Gas/HPA

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Spring

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. xexsync

xexsync Member

Kansas City
    (I am new to AirsoftSociety and this is my first post, so if I ask a stupid question and/or do something incorrectly, please feel free to correct me)

I am currently running with a Tippmann M4 hpa rifle as my primary, but i'm looking to get back into the AEG game. I am really intrigued by the MK18 style of rifle, but i'm stuck on which one I should get. What I really want right now is for people who have some sort of experience with either of these guns. Whether it be you have actually used one/both, or you've seen someone use one. I am stuck between the following:

Hydra Airsoft MK18 Mod1

OR

G&G CM18 MOD1

If anyone has used, or has any type of experience with either of these, please give me your opinion. I am mainly concerned with durability, reliability, compatibility, and overall is it worth the money. Thanks!

2. Sillypancake

Sillypancake New Member

Kansas City
    Welcome to the fourm! I'm glad to see that another KC airsofter has joined.

As for the guns in question, I've got no experience with either one of them, but combat machines seem to be at the rear end of the spectrum on this forum. I'll let someone else go into greater detail, so I guess this makes this post a free bump.

On a side note, where do you normally play in KC? Field or CQB?

3. xexsync

xexsync Member

Kansas City
    Play Style

Thanks :) As for where I play, I usually play at Black Market CQB, but every now and then I play field.

4. AirsoftRyan778

AirsoftRyan778 Active Member

Baltimore
    Combat machines are a no go, 80% of the people at my field use them and they always wind up coming to me when they start having problems, when it come to a mk18 I haven't done much research, but I don't know of any good ones out of the box, for me I would just build one

5. Munishin

Munishin Well-Known Member

Goodyear
    Besides it being a CM the G&G "MK18 MOD 1" *scoffs* base gun isn't even kosher to actual MOD 1 specs. Wrong rail, wrong iron sights, wrong mag, etc. If you're on a budget get that Hydra or even the Alien.

6. BlackNightBravo

BlackNightBravo Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Do NOT go with a Combat Machine. Ever. Or a Lancer Tactical. Or a G4. (FMG4's are fine, G4's OEM is CM) etc., etc., etc.

I would go with either a G&P or VFC. Both are good brands, but as with any stock gun they have a few meager problems. Both are great brands and fixing said problems is easy and not a big issue. I know they may be a little out of your budget, but unless you're going to build it, it's pretty much your only decent option. Even if you did build it, the cost is still probably going to be in the 300-500 range.

7. Sillypancake

Sillypancake New Member

Kansas City
    There we go; I knew a whole army of members would rush in to tell cautionary tales of the evil that is the combat machine... ;)

I've heard of Black Market CQB, but I don't really have an interest as of now to get into cqb. My rifle inhibits that somewhat.

What outdoor field do you play at? I play at Center Mass Airsoft and am going on the 17th, if you're interested.

8. xexsync

xexsync Member

Kansas City
    Ive never been to CMA, only bm and the macc. Im gonna check out cma soon, might go then! :)

9. Sillypancake

Sillypancake New Member

Kansas City
    Sorry to threadcrap, but if you want to check out what the field is like, I have a thread in the Kansas subforum that has links to their website and their promo video.