Featured MK23 pistol carbine

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by Uller, May 21, 2020 at 1:09 PM.

1. Uller

Uller Well-Known Member

Topeka
    TM MK23 pics 216.jpg I started work on this a couple weeks back.Chassis is a Maruzen M9 carbine chassis I did some surgery on to adapt it to the TM MK23.I went this route because I wanted something different than the modern tactical chassis I saw on the internet.Drum mag I converted to go with the pistol previously.Chassis makes the drum alot less unwieldy,and cumbersome.Awaiting pistol upgrade parts now.Scope is a RS AimPoint MKIII circa mid to late 80's,fits the style of the chassis nicely.

Last edited: May 21, 2020 at 1:35 PM
    Handyguy, link0, adas1223 and 2 others like this.
  2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    That is unique and cool.

Uller likes this.

3. Uller

Uller Well-Known Member

Topeka
    I thought so.Had to go my own way man.I got some other curiosities I'll be posting later

4. Jeranhound

Jeranhound Active Member

Seattleish
  5. OrangeTJ

OrangeTJ Member

Sacramento
    Very cool. Something nobody else on the field will have. Does it shoot well?

6. Uller

Uller Well-Known Member

Topeka
    Very,its a TM NBB pistol.As of now I would guess it shoots lasers out to 100'120'.Getting Hadron parts,and a new bucking and barrel.Goal will be 180'.

link0 likes this.
  7. OPairoft

OPairoft Member

Bend
    Very interested in how you did the drum mag.

8. Uller

Uller Well-Known Member

Topeka
    Drum mag was easy actually.Better for a pistol carbine because its not as unwieldy,and holstering isn't an issue

9. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    You transferred a MK23 Mag Shell to a Hicapa drum mag, right? I surmise the base is very similar...

10. Uller

Uller Well-Known Member

Topeka
    Of vourse
    Of course they are,and very straight forward.Took me roughly an hr to do.Hardest part of the maneuver was marking out the holes on the flange/gas router the doner mag sits on for the mag base pins,and creating the new ammo shoot.