Modifying a JG bar10

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by NeverShootBack, Sep 28, 2012.

1. NeverShootBack

NeverShootBack New Member

Im looking at modifying a Bar10 into a serious tool for my price range. I already have a PDI cylinder kit, Laylax zero trigger, and spring. Where I've come to a problem is picking out a barrel and hop up unit. I know that I need something quality but I'm hoping for less than $150 for the two. If you could help me out thanks. If you have modified your own Bar could you post your parts list and some stats on it. Thanks

2. Thunderbo15

Thunderbo15 New Member

Saint Charles
    Before you go out and spend a ton of money, think on this. A hop up unit or a nice barrel does not make a gun. Honestly if you want to increase your accuracy, look into the R hop or flat hop. If you didn't already plan on doing those, there is pretty much no point to upgrading the hop up unit when you can do those modifications to the stock hop up, tune the hop up (relatively simple) and get at LEAST twice the performance increase that you will get from a PDI hop coupled with a high quality barrel (which getting both would be out of your price range anyways, but the R hop + m nub only costs about $20-$30).

3. NeverShootBack

NeverShootBack New Member

What modifications would I have to do to the hop up?

4. Col1500

Col1500 New Member

Kent
    Robing-Hood made a guide about installing an R-Hop here

It's nothing super permanent, although it does require a bit of precision, but that's why it's so good.

5. superpirst

superpirst New Member

Cupertino
    R hop and a PDi barrel since they are one of the best but somewhat pricy.

My Tm vsr-10 build was
    Pdi 230% spring
    PDI V-trigger
    Pdi Bore-up panisonic clyinder kit (clyinder, piston, spring guide. Was around $300+ for this piece).
    Pdi 554 tightbore barrel
    Used a KA hop up then into a R-hop
    Had three barrel spaces

Maybe some other stuff but that was what I can remember.

6. pinggoy

pinggoy New Member

west palm beach
    as the guy said above, start with hop up and see how far you can hit. then work on the internals.

7. pinggoy

pinggoy New Member

west palm beach
    is a good start. check the distance of your hit first .

8. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 New Member

Not necessarily, you can get R-hops preinstalled into prometheus barrels from Clandestine Airsoft for only $100-120ish depending on length.

9. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    A Laylax trigger boxwith not work with PDI cylinder sets.... Either go with one brand or the other. Can't believe you guys didn't catch that.

10. superpirst

superpirst New Member

Cupertino
    I caught it but I thought he modded it to fit.

11. Thunderbo15

Thunderbo15 New Member

Saint Charles
    How does that contradict anything I said? Although I'm glad you brought that up as it is a great way to get a pre r hopped barrel, except that none of the barrels are for sniper rifles..which means that he would have to get something like the PDI Hop up.