More fps

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by RaiderBrad, Nov 26, 2018.

1. RaiderBrad

RaiderBrad New Member

belleville
    Hello, i am new to airsoft and i am looking to upgrade my G&G Raider-L. I want to upgrade my spring to a m130 but idk what brands are good and what brand i should get to also upgrade my motor, i saw a asg infinity cnc u-40000 but idk if that will be enough power or not. Thank you

2. link0

link0 Well-Known Member

SF Bay Area
    Go with a motor that's 30k or slower for that spring. Also radius your gearbox since g&g shells are pretty weak.

Airsup likes this.

3. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Get an equivalent motor from Tienly or Action Army instead, ASG motors are quite overrated IMO. A 40K motor will not have a problem pulling an M130 spring on 18:1 ratio gears, but you'll need a decent battery to power it. G&G blowback shells are quite fragile, but their regular V2 shells aren't particularly fragile from what I've seen. It's a good idea to radius it anyway, since it's a flimsy V2 and not a fat V3 shell. :D

fred_ditto, antizombie and Airsup like this.
  4. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    If it is the blow back model...it won't work. That shell is only rated up to a M120.

link0 and Airsup like this.
  5. adas1223

adas1223 Well-Known Member

stratford
    are you after more fps and responsiveness? id just focus on a tight bore, better hop packing, and a high speed motor.

firstly, you're new.. and ripping apart a gearbox may be over your head.

secondly, you'll probably see better results with what i just mentioned with less stress on your gearbox. less headaches for you too.

keep it simple

fred_ditto likes this.
  6. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    The simplest boost to performance is a heavier HG bb in the .25-.28g range and a ML nub and packing. G&G stock barrels are not that bad.

fred_ditto and kazuchan like this.
  7. Honeybadgerz17

Honeybadgerz17 Well-Known Member

Bellevue
    I dont think anyones asked yet. OP why do you want more fps in your gun?

FlightSimGuy likes this.
  8. RaiderBrad

RaiderBrad New Member

belleville
    It is not blow back I use a 9.6V 1600Mah butterfly.

9. BullsDeep

BullsDeep New Member

Edmonton
    Either replace the spring or add spacers in the spring guide. Ya welcome.

10. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Be careful with adding spacers on the spring guide in a full stroke SSG, you don't want the piston to bottom out on the spring.

link0 likes this.
  11. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    ^That.

Think. How does the WHOLE system work?

It would be fine if the spring coils are loose - CA, E&L, PDI. Not so good if you have a long soft spring like a SystemA/HurricanE...etc...

However, the PBB mechbox from G&G still is not rated to go above a M120. So shimming a M120 may turn it into a M130 and then the front of the mechbox cracks...no good.

12. link0

link0 Well-Known Member

SF Bay Area
    Yup, I did this accidentally on my LCT. My spacers weren't a perfect fit on the spring guide and bottomed out the Piston. Just lucky that I didn't beak anything.