MOSFET for a 4S lipo?

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by GrizzBuzzM82, Jul 7, 2015.

1. GrizzBuzzM82

GrizzBuzzM82 New Member

As it says in the title I'm looking for a mosfet I can run a 4S lipo on. I saw that the Nukefet is rated for 12.8v max so I'd assume I can't use that but does any one know one that will work. I've heard that the Tactical Nukefet will work fine but I wanted those if there were other options.

2. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

A DIY mosfet unit based on the IRLB3034 chip can handle up to 40V, this is limited to a lower voltage if you use an external TVS diode with a lower voltage rating.

3. GrizzBuzzM82

GrizzBuzzM82 New Member

Bruh...i have no idea what that means. I don't mind just buying a complete mosfet but id just like to buy the right one.

4. ClassicJBUARMYM4

ClassicJBUARMYM4 Active Member

Toledo
    Just look up zardichar on here, he sells them for a good price.

He uses a 4s with it.

5. AirsoftRyan778

AirsoftRyan778 Active Member

Baltimore
  6. GrizzBuzzM82

GrizzBuzzM82 New Member

What is that? I've never heard of that.

7. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

It's a computerized mosfet unit that replaces the entire trigger switch. It costs approximately $100, a waste of money if you only want to preserve the trigger contacts. A Zardichar mosfet unit, as suggested above will get the job done very well, at a much lower price.

8. AirsoftRyan778

AirsoftRyan778 Active Member

Baltimore
    ^ true, but for a lot of people it is worth it with all the features, like precock, burst, cycle completion, low battery detection, 540amp max, 18v max, digital fuse and all the other goodies. O yeah, it also shortens trigger pull a good bit

9. BoogerMc

BoogerMc Airsoft Jedi Master Supporting Member

Akron
    Build your own, follow the directions in my engineering thread (link in signature below).