Featured Mosfet/Wiring problem?

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by jtmahoney17, Feb 10, 2018.

1. jtmahoney17

jtmahoney17 New Member

Manorville
    So, I’m inexperienced with modifying airsoft guns but I enjoy it so I’ve been learning how to upgrade parts, take everything apart etc. Long story short, I just recently got a new trigger for my gun so i installed it. I already have a mosfet in the gun too (gate aab). Once I had everything assembled I went to shoot and, after one shot the gun didn’t shoot anymore. I didn’t have a fuse in so it wasn’t a blown fuse. Then I decided to plug in the battery without going through the mosfet (so just straight to the motor) and it makes the motor spin just fine. I tried plugging the trigger contact wires and the mosfet back in and again, nothing. If anyone has ideas or has had this issue, help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

2. Airsofter666

Airsofter666 New Member

Probally your motor isn't set perfectly, does it take one whining shot and then nothing?

3. RockNRoll33

RockNRoll33 Active Member Supporting Member

Buford
    I use the gate nanohard in most builds and it has a function that you can set what battery you are using (7.4, 11.1, and 14.8) assuming you are using a lipo because it is wired to deans your mosfet could be set to use a 7.4 but you are using a 11.1. Also if you remove the mosfet completely and just plug the battery into it there is usually a light to show it has power if no light turns on then your mosfet is dead.

This could be helpful or completely useless as I have only used the nano hard

4. jtmahoney17

jtmahoney17 New Member

Manorville
    It doesn’t whine, it cycles completely normal but only for that one shot.

5. jtmahoney17

jtmahoney17 New Member

Manorville
    I don’t think there’s a light on the aab, I’ve never set the mosfet any different then how it came out of the box, I use 11.1 LiPos btw.

6. Airsofter666

Airsofter666 New Member

May you make a video about the problem so it could be solved faster?

7. jtmahoney17

jtmahoney17 New Member

Manorville
    Definitely, when I get home tonight I’ll take one.

8. Airsofter666

Airsofter666 New Member

What gun?

9. jtmahoney17

jtmahoney17 New Member

Manorville
    G&g firehawk

10. Airsofter666

Airsofter666 New Member

Is your signal wires connected perfectly to the mosfet?

11. Specter4

Specter4 Active Member

Highland
    Hes getting a single shot response so everything is hooked up right. Definitely mechanical trigger reset problems or a problem on the mosfet end either programming settings or a faulty unit. Has this unit worked as expected before at all?

12. jtmahoney17

jtmahoney17 New Member

Manorville
    Yes, the unit has worked before, but I haven’t had it long and maybe put 1000ish shots through it.

13. jtmahoney17

jtmahoney17 New Member

Manorville
    Yes the connection seems to be very strong, there may be something wrong with the signal wires, that’s my only guess. (I took a video and it won’t let me post it sorry)

14. Specter4

Specter4 Active Member

Highland
    If it worked as intended before and no programming changes were made then the unit went out, or your mechanical trigger mech isn't getting reset. That can happen from disassembly.

15. jtmahoney17

jtmahoney17 New Member

Manorville
    Ok, I emailed gate so now I’m waiting for a reply from them, thanks for all the help everyone!

16. Airsofter666

Airsofter666 New Member

Yes, there might be something wrong with the signal wire. My m4 didn't shoot because the signal wire wasn't plugged well. But there might be something wrong in the mosfet too.

17. jtmahoney17

jtmahoney17 New Member

Manorville
    Yeah, it’s either one or the other at this point, there’s a 12 month warranty so I filled out the warranty form and am hopefully getting a replacement soon.

18. Dwosky

Dwosky Member

Since the mosfet its outside, I would suggest to test the circuit with a clip: You disassemble the gun and get the gearbox + wiring, then set the selector to semi, connect the battery and use a clip or some metal part to join both trigger/signal wires on the mosfet.

If the circuit its correct, it should fire and if triggered again, it should fire again. If this doesn't fire, I would check the gears, to see if there is something that avoids completing the cycle.

If the above test succeeds several times, you can try then to use the actual trigger and see if it works or not. If you find it shoots 1 or less times and then it doesn't shoot (with the same test layout), then it might be something related with the trigger assembly or the trigger contacts.

19. jtmahoney17

jtmahoney17 New Member

Manorville
    its not a problem with the gears, it works perfectly fine when I plug the battery in without the mosfet

20. cetane

cetane Active Member

Markham & Stouffville, Ontario, Canada
    Grab a multi meter and check if you have continuity across your signal wires (assuming you used the 2 wire setup) when the trigger is pulled. If yes, something goobered in the fet. If no, something goobered in your gearbox (trigger contacts, bad solder joint, broken wire, etc...)

If you’re using the single wire setup, same checking, but between the single wire and battery positive connector on the aeg