1. Da Bush 333

Da Bush 333 New Member

MIDVALE
    Hello airsofters
    I'm trying to decide on a mosfet for my recently purchased ICS Mars cxp rifle. Trigger response isn't great in semi. I've been looking at the warfet. Mostly for the pre cocking feature. Does anyone have experience with the warfet or other precocking mosfet?

I'm mainly looking for faster trigger response and less pull.

2. Da Bush 333

Da Bush 333 New Member

MIDVALE
    Or is there a better way to achieve better trigger response? This is all new to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated

3. Aaron Irwin

Aaron Irwin New Member

Kennewick
    I would get a Gate TITAN and a Maxx speed trigger or a Titan speed trigger.

4. Graybeard

Graybeard Active Member

Silver Spring
    Ok….I don’t know what the mosfet is for. Most of my guns are GBB, and HPA. I have two AEGs right now. One is over 10 years old, and the other is an AK, both of witch don’t have mosfets.

What’s the mosfet supposed to be doing?

5. rue_exe

rue_exe Member

Phoenix
    Battery protection and precocking and other tuning features for the most part

6. Da Bush 333

Da Bush 333 New Member

MIDVALE
    Ok. So from what I can tell the gate warfet does pretty much everything the titan does except that you use a card to setup rather then an app on your phone. The warfet is about half the cost. Is the titan that much better?

What can the titan do that the warfet can't?

7. rue_exe

rue_exe Member

Phoenix
    The titan is an optical mosfet. The warfet just attaches to your existing wiring.

8. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    A better battery and strong motor can improve trigger response. Which is the foundation "before" adding in a MOSFET into the system.

Plus can you quantify your desired trigger response improvement levels that you are seeking?

9. Squad144

Squad144 Active Member

Ocean Springs
    The job of a MOSFET is to keep that built up carbon on the trigger contacts to a minimum and to keep your trigger contacts from melting when use a LiPo. Now most modern MOSFET units come with the extra features (such as precocking, battery protection, debouncing, programable burst, etc.) built into one board. It is a good addition to any AEG. But if you want trigger response, Guges has a good point; just drop in a nice Tienly or Warhead Base motor and use a good (at least 25c) 7.4 or 11.1 LiPo depending on the RPM Motor you select.

Graybeard likes this.
  10. Ben3721

Ben3721 Well-Known Member

The perun is also a great budget option if you want features.

I'm not sure tho what compatability that gearbox has with all these mosfets however

11. Squad144

Squad144 Active Member

Ocean Springs
    I love Perun mosfets. Had better luck with them than I did with Gate. Speaking of which, does any of you know if I can use copper wire with the standard wire that comes on a Gate Titan? I need to fix my wire.

To avoid any compatability issues, the OP can always install a Perun Inline MOSFET, like the AB++.
    https://www.srairsoft.com/shop/perun-ab

12. aotsukisho

aotsukisho Well-Known Member

The primary job of a MOSFET is to have a solid state switch that can safely snub kickback voltage from an inductive load (motor). It will increase reliability over time as there is no contact arcing/pitting which damages the switch surfaces and increases contact resistance.

MOSFET components have different ratings and specs in terms of internal resistance and current handling, which can be used to our advantage should we need an application outside of the original Tokyo Marui spec...which is basically any modern competition-use AEG.

Copper wire as in solid wire? Possible but not recommended, stranded wire is highly preferable for non-stationary installations due to it resisting mechanical stress like bending/vibration better. The only application I could see solid or fewer-stranded wire being necessary is for extremely high current delivery requirements in a compact space (fewer strands means more conductor cross-sectional diameter in a given AWG). However, depending on the MOSFET controller PWM frequency a solid-wire installation may be affected by the skin effect to the point where it drops the conductor impedence to stranded wire levels anyway.

Squad144 likes this.
  13. Squad144

Squad144 Active Member

Ocean Springs
    Oh, no I meant copper stranded wire.

14. aotsukisho

Vast majority of stranded wire is tinned copper, your main focus would to swap the low strand count Gate wire with higher strand count wire for greater flexibility. Look for RC-grade 'wet noodle' silicone jacket stuff around 18AWG

15. Squad144

Squad144 Active Member

Ocean Springs
    The stock wire is 16AWG. Will 18AWG pose a problem?

16. aotsukisho

Unlikely. Silicone jacket is thicker than the mPPE they use but if the 18AWG wire is high quality then the ohms/ft is probably similar to lower quality 16AWG. Not that it really matters unless you're using a hot build in full auto cycling for extended periods of time.

https://www.powerstream.com/Wire_Size.htm
    Code:
    AWG  Maximum amps for chassis wiring
    12   41
    14   32
    16   22
    18   16
    18AWG is safely rated for 16A continuous

https://oscarliang.com/wire-awg-chart-quadcopter-rc/
    Multirotor 'burst' recommendations

17. Squad144

Squad144 Active Member

Ocean Springs
    I do FPV too:cool:.

Ok I will go to the store tomorrow and try to find some silicone wire in 18AWG.

aotsukisho likes this.
  18. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    This statement is false. Battery chemistry makes no difference on if a traditional trigger trolley gets damaged.

It's Purely Voltage. Whether is comes from Alkaline, NICD, PB, NIMH, NIZN, LIPO, LIFEPO3, LION, Nuclear, Solar, Wind....Lemons....it does not matter.

This is how LIPO-Ready became a misnomer in this sport and people are too "hesitant" to give up that misconception.

19. Squad144

Squad144 Active Member

Ocean Springs
    Oh, well something caused one of my guns to have a major meltdown where the mosfet failed and my trigger contacts were just destroyed. I had just assumed that it was because the mosfet failing created a voltage spike that destroyed the gun. But now I am wondering what really caused that horrible experience! (this was a classic army by the way, they are crap... sorry, had to rant just then:rolleyes:)

20. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Volts by themselves don't melt contacts.

Two things that are the major contributor to contact damage:

Voltage Spikes that "Zap" the metal and damages it. Then when the arc goes away its the pure AMPS.

Here is an extreme case with 5000A, but it could happen at 50A with a smaller circuit. (Crazy Brits)

Watch all the things they "melt" with Amps.

Box wrenches, bolts, pokers...

Last edited: Jan 25, 2022 at 11:07 AM
    Squad144 likes this.