mosfet

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by bal1, Oct 25, 2012.

1. bal1

bal1 New Member

Well, I'm not anywhere near new to airsoft. I've heard of mosfets I have no clue what they do,or what purpose they serve. But I want to make cxp the best gun at my local field. So if you could tell me what a mosfet is and does and if I could put one on my cxp it would be much apprecited.

2. Mikeinator

Mikeinator New Member

Northern VA (no more info, someone might find me...)
    There is a magical thing called google, and it contains a ton of information and depictions of the exact purpose of a mosfet, that's how I discovered what they were. They serve as a buffer to a stronger battery from destroying the gun (in extremely broad terms).

3. bal1

bal1 New Member

That's what I did before I made this thread , I do my research on airsoft. That's why I'm a part of this forum, To learn. Could you possibly explain it in less broad terms?

4. Axis

Axis New Member Supporting Member

A MOSFET is generally used to (at least) prevent electrical arcing in the contacts of the gun. Some MOSFETs can do more than others, like make the gun have a 3-round burst (you'd have to program it, but it's not too hard). Anyway, electrical arcing in your contacts is damaging. It's best to do all you can to avoid it.

More information about MOSFETs can be found on other airsoft forums if you want an even better explanation.

5. Mikeinator

Mikeinator New Member

Northern VA (no more info, someone might find me...)
  6. bal1

bal1 New Member

Thanks I really appreciate it.