Mosfets?

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by PistolsAndMP5s, Sep 23, 2012.

1. PistolsAndMP5s

PistolsAndMP5s New Member

Corona
    Hey I was planning on purchasing or making a mosfet to protect my trigger contacts. I was wondering how one would go about making one. Also what are some great mosfets that are under $30? Do mosfets increase ROF or trigger response noticeably?

2. Mystery43_4

Mystery43_4 New Member

Santa Barbara
    Yes and yes to the last 2 questions.

And search how to make one on google. You can put one together for about $5 if you don't buy in bulk.

DE FETs are good and run for about $15. Once again use the google.

3. PistolsAndMP5s

Corona
    I use an Ares base gun so I will have a microswitch. I did use google but I am using a microswitch which are uncommon. (I shouldv'e put that it the OP. I can't seem to find on google if they would be installed differently or not. I heard they are installed differently. Do you have any knowlege on the microswitches?

4. GreenListerine

GreenListerine New Member

They are essentially the same. I would show you a picture but I dont want to take apart any guns right now..

5. PistolsAndMP5s

Corona
    How does installing differ?

6. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    a microswitch has two wire contacts, just like a conventional trigger assembly. it is wired the same. i prefer to make a 4 wire mosfet for microswitches. but a 3 wire mosfet fits better for any rear mounted wiring.

7. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Eh, for 4 wires rear wiring setup, just have the 2 wires that goes to the trigger contacts come out of the side the gear box if there are holes for it.