Mosfit chip

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by longhill, Jan 9, 2013.

1. longhill

longhill New Member

I got a Jg Aug A3 that came with a Mosfit chip and I was wonder what it even does.

2. Southpawlegend

Southpawlegend New Member

Salisbury
    It protects your trigger contacts from high output batteries and increases trigger response

3. longhill

longhill New Member

So, will my gun have the same rate of fire with a bigger battery?

4. Southpawlegend

Southpawlegend New Member

Salisbury
    Nooo what voltage are you running now? It's so if you run like an 11.1v lipo the lipo won't cause arcing and melt the contacts

A higher voltage should always increase rof

5. longhill

longhill New Member

I running a 9.4v 1100 Millie-amp

6. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    Ok, thats great. A MOSFET will allow you to use much higher voltage batteries.

Why would you want a higher voltage battery?
    -Higher RoF
    -Faster Trigger response

7. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    Even though it has a mosfet installed, the built in ones in JG AUGs have been known to fail on relatively low power batteries. If you're up to it, replace it with a better IRL3034PBF style mosfet. You can find them made by airsoft techs in classifieds. They cost around $20-30.

8. longhill

longhill New Member

I can't fit a bigger battery in my aug, is there any other way to increase my rof?

9. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    Increasing electrical efficiency will help with that. There's alot of room in the AUG for thicker wiring. A guy on this forum named Tackett fit 10awg wiring in his AUG I believe. Get thicker wiring, a better, actual mosfet, and deans connectors.

Gear ratios also affect ROF. Higher gear ratios have greater torque, but lower the rate of fire. Lower gear ratios have less torque, but greater speed. Switch to a set of lower ratio gears to bump the ROF.

Motors are also a great help. A good high torque motor gives great trigger response. With a high torque motor and a good battery, you don't have to worry about any torque lost while using high speed gears, so you can still pull most springs.

10. Gaz96

Gaz96 New Member

Great advice, just a quick note. OP, make sure that you DONT go made with the torque ratings on motors. You want a relatively good motor, ad a general rule, M130 should be fine for most setups under 400fps ( it's practically unheard of in Britain to have a 400fps AEG in the UK, most sites have a 350fps limit!). If you go over the torque rating by a large amount, you will increase the risk of pre-engagement, which you defo don't want.

11. longhill

longhill New Member

Sir, sir, I don't care. I live in the United States of America were I can buy any thing that I want to buy, such as if I want my aeg to shoot 500+ fps than my aeg will shoot 500+ fps.

12. Finalencounter

Finalencounter Duke of Penguins Supporting Member

Warrenton
    Please, calm down. He was trying to give you some valuable information.

13. longhill

longhill New Member

Calm down, huh I'm just sayin I live in the US

14. BerettaShotgun

BerettaShotgun New Member

I had a gun with a M130 shooting accurately at 100 yards once. And my 11.1v 1600 lipo will fit in more places than my 9.6...

15. Gaz96

Gaz96 New Member

Can't quite tell if you were talking to me or not. If not, then disregard this post. If you were, then you seriously need to think about insulting/being rude to people who are giving you advice on tinkering with a potentially expensive technology. It's not too clever. You might also want to take care with your spelling, grammar and punctuation. And might I add, you can't buy ANYTHING you want in the United States, please state facts only. Cheers mate.

16. Gaz96

Gaz96 New Member

And good luck finding a site that allows you to use a 500fps AEG.

17. Shady

Shady Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Longhill, I strongly suggest you watch the attitude. These members are only trying to help you. I'd suggest you show a little more respect before your stay here is cut very very short.

18. Gaz96

Gaz96 New Member

Damn right. Good to know the mods are hot on this stuff. Was beginning to feel like a stereotypical 'polite' Brit.

19. bal1

bal1 New Member

They exist, rare but they exist.

20. Gaz96

Gaz96 New Member

Well yeah, but he's going to need all that luck finding one.