Mossberg MVP look alike Project

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by AznMunkay, Feb 11, 2014.

1. AznMunkay

AznMunkay New Member

Providence
    Hi everyone, I'm going to attempt a project to make a bolt action rifle similar to the Mossberg MVP, a rifle that feeds from stanag magazines. My base gun is going to be a VSR or a clone like the JG Bar10 or the HFC VSR11 because they come with iron sights. I'm not completely sure on how the gun will feed from stanag magazines but I will try to modify the G36 stanag adapter. If you have any suggestions or ideas please do share.

2. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    I feel like you could just take the shell of an sr25 mag and glue a normal VSR mag in it.

3. NeoAugAU-3G

NeoAugAU-3G Active Member

Las Vegas
    I like marine's idea for simplicity and execution, however that last pic is hilarious on so many levels. No need for more than one mag lol

4. AznMunkay

AznMunkay New Member

Providence
    The goal of this project is to have the ability to feed from M4/M16 magazines which benefits the player to share with teammates.

5. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Oh. Well yeah you will have a harder time with that. Is the idea to be practical or? Because if you really are doing that wouldn't you only need one 180rd M4 mag. I kinda doubt you'll pull that bolt back that many times :/

6. AznMunkay

AznMunkay New Member

Providence
    Personally I'm using 20 round short m4 magazines, but yeah one hicap is defiantly enough for a bolt action.