Featured Most protective gloves

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by Prsch2003, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Prsch2003

Prsch2003 Member

New York
    I was wondering what you guys think is the most protective glove. I play piano and I often get shot in my finger tips and and knuckles which hurts for about a day. I am willing to sacrifice some mobility but I would still like to be able to feel my magazines and stuff. I am currently using the armored matrix gloves

2. CoolCat

CoolCat Member

Springfield

3. Prsch2003

Prsch2003 Member

New York
  4. Zaryk

Zaryk Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Southern
    I find that mechanix gloves degrade quickly, and the seams are a bit bulky. I like the oakley pilot gloves much better. They are more expensive, but my pair has lasted 5x longer than any mechanix glove i have ever used (which has to be close to if not all of them on the market including their leather versions) and the oakleys are still going strong with no signs of wearing out.

I should also mention that they also offer great protection, and the dexterity is much better than the mechanix lines. The seam on them is still noticeable, but not quite as much.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1093486201975/oakley-factory-pilot-gloves

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017 at 12:06 PM
  5. Prsch2003

Prsch2003 Member

New York
    how much do they protect I play cqb so i often get shot in the hand point blank.

6. Zaryk

Zaryk Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Southern
    on the upper side of the hand they have a knuckle shield, rubber air vents that protect the mid finger, and padding over the finger joint. I have taken shots to the finger many times and all i feel when it happens is a quick sting and it isnt noticeable a couple minutes later. No knots, bruises, or swelling.

The mechanix gloves also offers similar finger protection, but not as good on the knuckles (mechanix has rubber overlays, oakley has carbon fiber knuckle shields).

If you dont use them a lot, the mechanix would be a good choice because of the price and it they wouldn't wear out fast with moderate use. If you plan to use them a few times a week, the oakleys would be a better choice just because they are more durable and will last longer with heavy use.

7. Prsch2003

Prsch2003 Member

New York
  8. Kiyoflame

Kiyoflame Active Member

Prescott
    I'd say the Mechanix are your best bet. My gloves have lasted me +5 years with wear only showing on the fingertips and slight wear on the palm.

One thing to keep in mind is that you're still young, you're still going to grow. You might not be able to squeeze out all of the value from the Oakley gloves before you grow them out. Buying a pair of M-pacts would only be half the cost and, should you enjoy them that much down the road, you can pay for another larger pair all for the same price as the Oakleys.