most recommend GBB pistol

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by Drainsla, Sep 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drainsla

Drainsla New Member

If you had 100$ what GBB would you buy? This is to help me decide.

2. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    It would depend on what models I was interested in. What models are you interested in?

3. averageairsofter

averageairsofter New Member

Menifee
    I would save up $50 more and get a nice kwa. But if it absolutely had to be under $100 I'd get a kjw.

4. SubSnake

SubSnake New Member

+1.
    KWA is considered professional quality.

Unfortunately $100 doesn't leave you with many options.. Save up a bit more and your availabilities will open up.

5. tscebu

tscebu New Member

Dayton
    I personally own a KJW M9 PTP, and I love it. It has a great hop-up system, great accuracy, and sharp, hard blowback action. I prefer it to any KWA M9 that I have shot. Also, unlike a lot of KWA's pistols, the fps is below 350, which is CQB standard.

6. PistolsAndMP5s

PistolsAndMP5s New Member

Corona
    KJW's best model in my opinion has to be their KP05 (Hi Capas). A close 2nd is their glock and maybe M9.s

7. Insania

Insania New Member

Wilmington
    If you had $50 more, get a Tokyo Marui 5.1.
    or try to get a sweet deal on eBay.
    Got a Marui MEU with 3 mags for $130 there.

8. Colt912

Colt912 New Member

Better than the p226's

9. Thestig

Thestig Some say... Supporting Member

Colorado Springs and Southern California
    I think the only pistol KJW don't make well the P8...

Edit: spelling

10. Cole631

Cole631 New Member

Philadelphia
    I don't see alot of people mention the new WE glocks at all, but I am loving my g19. It is fantastic for the price, you can get one from redwolf for $100 shipping and all

11. Da-ninjabreadman

Da-ninjabreadman Member

Hutchinson
    Baah I got a we g18c and the air nozzle broke in 5 mags. I wish I saved up a bit for a ksc or other brand

12. averageairsofter

averageairsofter New Member

Menifee
    WE's glocks and 1911s aren't too bad but since it's WE you have a chance of getting a lemon.

13. PistolsAndMP5s

PistolsAndMP5s New Member

Corona
    Correction: KJW P226 are hands down the best model. I can't believe i missed that.

14. Cole631

Cole631 New Member

Philadelphia
    Yes true, but I hear that WE's glocks and XDMs are actually made by a company called hk3p and then just rebranded by WE and they are alot better than previous WE models.

15. richman992

richman992 New Member

Rochester
    I doubt this is true. WE isn't a rebrand company. I doubt they would rebrand anything since they have their own designers, engineers, materials and factory.

I personally believe that any recent improvement in WE's quality would be attributed to better quality control.

But if you have links to where you heard this, that would be cool :)

16. Cole631

Cole631 New Member

Philadelphia
    http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/XDM-t246170.html

They mention it in that thread and I am pretty sure I have seen their name come up in other threads that I am too lazy to look up right now haha.

Also these bad boys started popping up around the same time as the WE glocks and look very similar and have about the same specs.

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/hk3p-g17-gbb.html

I could be wrong and there isn't much info on it, but I think that is why the recent WE pistols (PX4, XDM, and Glocks) have been a notch above the usual :)

17. mvsrocks

mvsrocks New Member

I'd prefer any KWA gas pistol. Unlike their horrid aegs, their gas guns are actually high quality and very accurate. Their gas consumption is just 2nd to Tokyo Marui.

18. Scarred

Scarred New Member

Woah! Their AEGs are not garbage. They are like overpriced Classic Army AEGs.

19. mvsrocks

mvsrocks New Member

The gears strip easily, the piston head is a chunk of non ported aluminum, they have very thin wiring, and their gearbox is made of a weak material. I'd rather have a thin aluminum than a reinforced gearbox made out of a weak zinc. Their air seal parts are also slightly off TM specs.

What I do, however, like about KWAs is the hop up unit because of their 2GX bucking. With $300, a VFC would outperform a KWA any day.

20. pipdaddy7

pipdaddy7 New Member

I recently got my hands on a WE glock 18c as a friend had a broken nozzle like you mentioned. It was the part of the nozzle the spring rested on(is there a name for this?). It is horribly designed, just a 90 degree piece of plastic just jutting out. However, despite it being broken, after I took out the shrapnel, spring and spring guide, it fed and worked just fine. Now would I recommend using it like this, no. It was able to completely empty mag after mag(I tried about 6) with only one jam. The full auto on this gun is incredible and the semi auto is actually very crisp. It doesn't fit into my serpa(I was curious so I figured I'd try) like my ksc does but for $100 it is a nice little side arm. I could especially see it being useful in cqb or as a sniper backup on account of the full auto.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.