Motor Choice And Installation Help

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Jazibo, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Jazibo

Jazibo New Member

Livermore/pleasonton area
    Hey jazibo back with another question. Again i have a umarex mp5 a4 g&g h&k

i know now i would like to upgrade to a lonex motor but after seeing there is balanced long short tourge and a whole lot of other options i think i need some help choosing one

p.s. i want to install a m120-130 spring

p.p.s do i need a li-po to achieve this and if so do i need to redo the wiring?

2. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Any of the Lonex motors will easily pull your spring on stardard ratio gears, the A1 and A2 will get the job done best though. The A1 and A2 are the top models in their line up with the most power. The A1 is a bit faster than the A2, but still have lots of torque. The A2 is a bit slower but has tons of torque and is very efficient.

Both motors will easily pull an M120 or M130 even with a small 8,4v ni-mh. I recommend using a high discharge li-po if you want their full potential. If you use a 7,4v li-po, you don't really have to do much with the wiring, just replace the stock connector with Deans or XT60 if it has Tamiya. If you wanna run an 11,1v li-po, I highly recommend installing a mosfet unit, you should also tune your gearbox properly to avoid stripping any parts, these motors have a serious power output.

3. Jazibo

Jazibo New Member

Livermore/pleasonton area
    can i use a standard ish 9.4 volt battery?

4. Lefse

If you mean an 8 cell ni-mh battery pack, then yes, it will work. I don't know of any good reasons for still using that obsolete battery technology though.

5. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Yes you can use a "9.6v" battery with your gun.

A Lonex A1 or A2 is fine. And will pull a M120-M130 just fine on a 8.4v battery.

NiCd/NiMh batteries aren't that obsolete lol. I don't like them anymore personally, But there is still a big market down here for them. And you can still custom make your own NiCd/NiMh with cells.

But it still can't match the endless possibilities and the low price of LiPo batteries lol. But there is still the market for NiCd/NiMh cell batteries ;) we still custom make some from time to time lol.

6. Lefse

I guess a ni-mh/ni-cd pack is an acceptable alternative for a sock gun. For high performance builds they simply aren't good enough.

7. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    They're fine on stock to basic upgraded guns.

For high performance you'd need 10.8v or higher, but this is where you'd just get a 11.1v LiPo.

Extreme builds used to utilize 12v 3000+ mah NiCd batteries. Now we just use 14.8v LiPo's lol.

I still use my 12v's from time to time. They're just heavy like a lead brick haha >.< which they are.