motor connectors

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by BRTSoloWing, Sep 2, 2012.

1. BRTSoloWing

BRTSoloWing Active Member

China Grove
    Iv been looking for motor connectors(90 degree quick disconnectors) at local radio shacks, and auto shops but I couldn't find any, I did find some straight ones that are a little big. What I'm wanting to know is if thay look like thay will work or what I can do to make it work?

ForumRunner_20120902_162059.jpg

ForumRunner_20120902_162126.png

2. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I would just solder the wires on, will give a better connection.

3. BRTSoloWing

China Grove
    This is going into a m4 grip, that would be a pain to put together and to take apart

4. Lefse

I solder ALL connectors in ALL of my guns, no exception. I did this even in my MP5K that has a similar motor mount. If you have tuned your gearbox properly you shouldn't have to open it more than a few times during a year. Unless you're an indecisive moron like me, that's constantly changing re-tuning the gearbox.

5. BRTSoloWing

China Grove
    That's me lol, I don't stop tuning Untill its the best I can get it lol, racing habit, and this is a parts build I'm working on. It doesn't have a starting base(what ever it is I have no idea) but it will be taken apart a fue times still, so I need the connectors.

6. Lefse

Just go and take a look at your local hardware store, you're bound to find some there. You don't have to find connectors with 90 degree bend, just get regular ones and bend them yourself. You want 2,8mm connectors if I'm not mistaken.

7. BRTSoloWing

China Grove
    All right thanks, these are holding pretty good so I think I'm going to try to make one work temporarily Untill I find the right ones

8. CoppertopNeasg

CoppertopNeasg New Member

Boston
    Clandestine has the lonex gold plated motor contacts installed to the best of my knowledge.

9. BRTSoloWing

China Grove
    Yeah I know I can order them, I'm just trying to find some local

Edit: Haha I found them :D, now to finish this gear box.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012