Motor dead??!

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Drekavac, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Drekavac

Drekavac New Member

Tonight I put my gun back together the first time. I popped my motor back in an put the plate on the bottom. (I have a G&G CM16 so it has an adjustable motor plate) After I put the motor back in I plugged my battery in to see if it would work. I pulled the trigger and this odd whiny noise, stupidly I pressed again and again until it just stopped. I don't think anything in the gearbox was damaged besides the wiring, which is what my dad thinks. Any ideas to what the problem would be? Please help, I'm getting extremely worried as it was a bit pricy with a few external upgrades. :confused:

2. dylan484

dylan484 New Member

Tifton
    Did you hook the motor up correctly? Black to black red to red?

3. Drekavac

Drekavac New Member

Yes, I even took it out of the cage to try to see if it would turn, but it didn't.

4. Napple

Napple New Member

I dont really understand what you mean by "whiny" but what i get from it is that the pinion gear on the motor isnt connecting with the gearbox... Push it further into the gearbox by tightening the large flat head on the bottom of the pistol grip

5. Drekavac

Drekavac New Member

What good is that if the motor won't turn? I think it has to do with the wiring or the motor it self. Also, the motor seemed to be pretty resistant to going farther up. I felt a little weird putting the motor plate back on because it seemed very tight.

6. Drekavac

Drekavac New Member

Also by whiny I mean a high pitched sound. You know like "EEEEIIEEEEEEEE"

7. levirocks

levirocks #FreeNuggy Lifetime Supporter

arlington
    Probably fried your motor or your wiring.

8. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

G&G combat machines are well known for bad motors and wiring........

Edit: sniped

9. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Yeah motor isn't adjusted properly was too low, I'd replace if you can't get it to work.

10. Drekavac

Drekavac New Member

But I didn't have that problem before, it was perfectly fine and then when I took it apart then put it back together I get this. Could I of have done something wrong?

11. Drekavac

Drekavac New Member

I found the problem, fuse blew.

12. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Combat machines have fuses? Mine didn't, but that's good I suppose easy enough fix.

13. Fyzix

Fyzix Fyzzy Was Here. Supporting Member

Garland
    Well... Even if the fuse blew.... (didn't even know they had fuses :p)... Your motor should still turn... Right?

14. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

When my fuse blew in my JG the trigger just clicked.......

15. levirocks

levirocks #FreeNuggy Lifetime Supporter

arlington
    No the fuse blowing stops all power from getting to the motor.

16. teamUKSslyder

teamUKSslyder New Member

Now that you replaced the fuse or did watever with it. You might have to check your wiring again. You said it was tight to put the cap on? The red and black wiring should be flushed to one side of the pistol grip i believe the black wire. Once you insert the motor the motor should move and be loose with nothing catching it . Putng the cap on the motor should be "springy".

17. Drekavac

Drekavac New Member

Yes, it is "springy".

18. Drekavac

Drekavac New Member

Guess so, what kind do/did you have? I have the carbine.