motor problem

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by EXICUT1ONER, Oct 30, 2012.

1. EXICUT1ONER

EXICUT1ONER New Member

Can a motor heat up from bad wire connection or just being old

2. ViennaAirsoft

ViennaAirsoft New Member

There are a few different reasons it may be heating up. If you have ever tuned your gun, the shimming may be too tight, or if you put in a large spring, the motor may not be able to pull it. Or maybe your motor height is adjusted too "high" and it's unable to turn the gears. Or your battery may not be supplying enough power

3. L5132

L5132 New Member

Duluth
    Or his battery is supplying too much power... For example a lot of stock motors on a higher-discharge battery (LiPos, or high-capacity NiMhs) can heat up, or you are simply firing/cycling your gun too much too quickly.

4. EXICUT1ONER

EXICUT1ONER New Member

I am using a tm g36 with a9.6 never opened the gun it is old about four years but works fine the motor just heats up after like 2 mags of full auto

5. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

The motor will only draw as much current as it needs, how many times must this be repeated? If your motor runs at an abnormally high temperature it may be caused by increased mechanical resistance caused by improper motorheight, or maybe the grease in the gearbox has dried out. It's also possible that your motor simply needs to be cleaned. If there's a heavy carbon buildup on the commutator, or the brushes are worn down, this can have negative effect on the performance.

6. EXICUT1ONER

EXICUT1ONER New Member

performance wise it hasn't changed should I put a MOSFET on it to help and have like a pro do some maintenance on it

7. EXICUT1ONER

EXICUT1ONER New Member

the motor looks fine.
    that's the only thing I've taken out

8. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    some motors have bad QC and suffers from abnormally high internal resistance. other than that, heavy loads caused by improper gear shimming, speed ratio gears/high fps springs on stock motors, or piston binding within the guide rails.

9. EXICUT1ONER

EXICUT1ONER New Member

Well its a 100% stock marui

10. EXICUT1ONER

EXICUT1ONER New Member

Its fires fine the motor just heats up fast its fire faster than when i first got hot it i have done nothing to it

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  11. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    what battery are you using?

12. EXICUT1ONER

EXICUT1ONER New Member

Standard 9.6 battery

13. S1kkguy

S1kkguy New Member

London
    It's going to be mechanical. Did this just kinda start out of nowhere? If so you probably just need to re-lube. If you got it like that, re-shim re-grease and fix AOE. Also check your ROF just to check to see if all the cells in your battery are fine, I had a G&P one that had a single fakkd up cell which took the piss.

14. L5132

L5132 New Member

Duluth
    When you say "two mags on full auto", how exactly are you firing these mags, and are they hicaps or midcaps?

15. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    if you have a spare motor, drop it in and see if it still heats up like before...
    if you know how to use a multimeter, test the resistance in the motor.

16. EXICUT1ONER

EXICUT1ONER New Member

I have tried three motors they all heat up an its 2high caps but i am fireing the over a period of time like 10 min

17. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    time to open up the gearbox and tune it up.