Motor springing

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by CajunAirsoft, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    It's hard to get back in there. Just wiggle it around a few times.

2. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

Okay I'm all reassembled but now instead of a crack my gun now makes a thud. Sometimes on semi 2 bbs are feeding ???

3. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

Do you guys think I installed the mag feed thing wrong?

4. GreenListerine

GreenListerine New Member

Likely. Take a picture of how it's set up. Make sure everything was put back together properly

5. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

This is how it was ...

Attached Files:

6. GreenListerine

GreenListerine New Member

When you push the nozzle back, does it go far enough back?
    Also make sure you didn't forget the tappet plate return spring. Thats a bummer when it happens..
    Edit: did you look at your barrel/bucking?

7. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

It doesn't go back all the way pat the lip no and yeah I'll look at the barrel.

8. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

Hey this is my barrel/ hop up and my air nozzle pushed all the way back. Also my gearbox before I closed everything.

Attached Files:

9. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    thud sound means that the air path is being blocked (usually by a stuck bb), this is a hopup/bucking to nozzle issue.

remove all the bb's, turn gun upside down so you can see into the feed tube shoot a few times until the nozzle is back all the way. check to see if the bucking is interfering. drop a bb in and try shooting it. if it doesn't go shoot out (doesn't drop in) you may need to do several things to fix it.

post your findings. also note that the hopup sometimes doesn't line up with the feed tube and may need to shimmed forward. you will see it by looking up into the feed tube with a flash light.

btw, pushing back on the nozzle with finger doesn't help to diagnose anything. you need to open up the gearbox, remove the tappet plate spring, rotate the sector gear and see how far the tappet plate is pulled back. if there is still space for the tappet plate to move back, then this is an issue.

what all did you replace?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  10. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

Nothing I was shimming but it kinda went badly. So I was going to put it all back together. Also shouldn't the tappot plate sit right next to the sector gear. Edit also the gearbox is locking on semi and making me shoot on auto to unlock it.

11. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

Here it is Alex are you wanting me to shoot ?? Cause when i do I just see the nozzle moving what am I looking for?? Also my rof seems lower could it be because I put my motor in negative side pointing to me?? I had to cause positive way wouldn't spring back to me.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  12. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    you need to clean and regrease the sector gear cutoff lever cam. you are getting what is called semi-lock (after firing, the sector gear stops on top of the cutoff lever which disengages your trigger contacts causing no fire).

if you shim the sector gear too high, it will rub on the tappet plate and cause feeding/timing issues.

13. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

Hmm okay but it shoots okay when I drop in a bb like you said. Let me run a mag through it real quick thanks for the help Alex.

14. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

Okay major update the gearbox was locking
    Like every shot on semi and my rof was plain pitiful like really bad.

15. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    I think your shimming was way too tight or your motor height is too low/high.

16. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

No I removed all my shims for that reason I will lower motor hold on

17. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

Okay guys sad update now my gearbox can
    Move
    But not fully cycle it just makes a noise. Can someone make a list/ explain everything that needs to be done .....

18. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    first, correct the shimming...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y5eW8Hu1ac&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y5eW8Hu1ac&feature=related[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F0zpkmNux4&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F0zpkmNux4&feature=related[/ame]

19. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

Now it seems my motor height adjustment key isn't working........

20. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    usually, if you over adjusted your motor height, it will stop working. just back it low again. too low and it will come off.

when properly adjusting shimming (bevel to pinion), your first step is adjusting the motor height using the half shell method. this will be the best way to adjust your motor height.