MP& Weesatch/Wasatch/MPS Rig

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by RedSofters, Nov 11, 2012.

1. RedSofters

RedSofters New Member

Ronkonkoma
    Hey guys. i wanna buy a new mp7 and a bunch of mags for it. i have a pantac mps rig (http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=7097) that i have to use with my p90 (w/ box mag & special mod for midcaps....ask me about it) and my m4. can i use smg mags for the mp7 in these? has anyone heard of anyone doing that? or should i just buy some pouches and slap them on the front of the rig?

2. Qui-Gon

Qui-Gon Active Member

Leiden
    They're probably going to wobble arround a little bit. You do mean putting the mags in the build in pouches right?

3. RedSofters

RedSofters New Member

Ronkonkoma
    yeah but not really mp7, im probably gonna get an mp9

4. Qui-Gon

Qui-Gon Active Member

Leiden
    I think the mags would be too small and move around, I suggest getting pouches for it.

5. RedSofters

RedSofters New Member

Ronkonkoma
    alright thanks. and when i get the mp9, ill experiment around a bit

6. Qui-Gon

Qui-Gon Active Member

Leiden
    Sure, I'm glad I could to help!

7. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
  8. Qui-Gon

Qui-Gon Active Member

Leiden
    How did you make out of what he posted that it is killing his flexibility? Of course I don't doubt it, but still?

9. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    Well, he's got these mag pouches sewn in the vest. That adds bulk and weight. He can't use these mag pouches because they're too large for the mags of the gun he wants to use. He's going to need additional pouches, which means more bulk and weight. That's bad. He's also limited on where he can attach these pouches because of where the built-in pouches are. He doesn't have a lot of options of where to put them or how to minimize his profile. That's a lack of flexibility and a lack of options. This is a major problem for the Weesatch, and why I never recommend it. I didn't glean that from his posts, I gleaned that from knowing the vest design. It's not so great most of the time.

10. Qui-Gon

Qui-Gon Active Member

Leiden
    Alright, learned something again!

11. RedSofters

RedSofters New Member

Ronkonkoma
    i mean i could make special insertions for the integrated pouches 0.o never thought of that.

12. RedSofters

RedSofters New Member

Ronkonkoma
    and kneif, the weesatch was built by HSGI to be high speed, low drag. Without the mag pouches and side plates, there's less drag. The flexibility also isn't bad at all. i have just as good flexibility in my new weesatch than my friends do in their plate carriers.