Mp5 flash hider removal

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Ninja28, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Ninja28

Ninja28 New Member

Ocala
    I need help on how to remove an mp5 flash hider. I've looked online and can't find a thread or video on how to do it.

2. wippyt

wippyt New Member

Hager City
    Pictures would help.(20characters)

3. Ninja28

Ninja28 New Member

Ocala
    Sorry if they are bad quality I took them from my iPod

4. thedare1234

thedare1234 New Member

Ya I screw the screw with a small alen key the one in the second pic and the get plyers and it should come off pretty easily

5. Ninja28

Ninja28 New Member

Ocala
    Alright thanks ill try it

6. Ninja28

Ninja28 New Member

Ocala
    Took the screw out and heated it up with a hair dryer, but I still can't get the darn thing off!

Attached Files:

7. BoogerMc

BoogerMc Airsoft Jedi Master Supporting Member

Akron
    Why do you want to remove it? Are you planning on replacing it or do you just want it black?

The MP5 is tricky, it goes further into the collar at the end there than other standard tips. To remove it, it is easier to disassemble the front and soak it in very hot water. Grip and turn counter clockwise. However, once removed, the barrel will be loose and the tip will need to be replaced or a spacer put into place.

To demonstrate my first point, here is an aftermarket tip for the MP5.

[​IMG]

Notice the collar to the left of the piece, this is inside the collar of the gun and it is why these are harder to remove because the glue goes all the way back along the barrel to the end of the tip.

If you just want it black, there are two easy options, paint it or buy this. It slips over the standard tip and locks on. The advantage here is you can keep the orange tip for transporting the gun and have a black tip for playing.

[​IMG]

Both of these can be found on Evike in the flashhiders; however, I recommend shopping around as these are over $20 each.

Hope this helps.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  8. Ninja28

Ninja28 New Member

Ocala
    Thanks for the help, I'm just going to paint it black now since its that hard