Mp5 motor adjustment help

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Dooby, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Dooby

Dooby New Member

Hay guys, how do i adjust the motor on my JG mp5? My G&P m4 has a screw in the plate at the base of the grip that you turn to move the motor up and down but my mp5 does not have this. The problem is that every time I pull the trigger it makes this screeching noise and doesn't fire which I think is from the motor being too pushed up and too tight against the other gears which could be easily fixed by loosening the screw on the m4. Is there some way to adjust the motor? If not how do I fix this screeching problem?

2. firststrike

firststrike New Member

There should be a small hex-type screw in the centre of the motor plate. If it doesn't have one, I don't think you can adjust the height.

image-4169438179.jpg

The small one in the middle is the adjustment screw.

3. Dooby

Dooby New Member

Oh, the screw is so small I didn't even see it. I don't even know if I have a hex key that small. I will try it out and see if that fixes the problem but I don't have the upper receiver at the moment. Once I get it together and try it I will get back to you, thanks.