MP7 or UMP45 ? Need a SMG!

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by Artheos, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Artheos

Artheos New Member

I've been meaning to get a SMG for a while now, for I play sniper and in close range, my side gun doesnt cut it anymore. So, im looking for a light, fast alternative and those are my two choices. Price wise, the MP7 is cheaper and apparentely lighter but lacks power when compared to the UMP45. However I dont need power, since I use a (very beautiful) Gas Powered VSR of 550FPS. So, opinions?

2. Raven1st

Raven1st Well-Known Member

San Ramon valley
    For starters, what is your budget?
    Gas or electric?
    What range are you looking to get from the gun?
    How do you plan on stowing it while not in use (sling, holster, bag, etc)?

3. Artheos

Artheos New Member

Mm about 100$, Electric, quick burst for close range and an sling for quick access

4. Steeljaw36

Steeljaw36 Member

Millsboro
    Try for the mp7 then. The ump is a bit more cumbersome to use as a secondary compared to the mp7. Since you're looking for electric, I'd recommend trying for a TM, though your budget is a bit low for that. Never used Well or Double Eagle, so I couldn't tell you how those actually perform, but my impression is that if you're going down the AEP route, TM is your most reliable and decent performing option right out of the box...

5. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    For $100, you have to be looking at the H&K Licensed MP7 AEP/LPEG often sold in Walmart and similar stores and the DE UMP. Don't bother with the MP7, the UMP can hold its own, though it's not the greatest, it is fieldable.
    Honestly your best bet would be to save up and increase your budget and invest is something that's more worth it.
    If you're hell bents on getting one or the other, the DE UMP would be the better buy.

In the future rather than generally stating gun names, post links to ensure we're all on the same page. I'm ONLY speculating that you're referring to the 2 guns I mentioned earlier as those are the only 2 guns within the variants you mention that fall into that specific price range. Though neither is going to blow your mind or anything of that nature.

-mobile device-

6. Artheos

Artheos New Member

True, however the one UMP im looking at is also H&K, which is 150$.

7. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    You've gotta post links. I don't know what UMP you're referring to AT ALL. For all I know it could be a crazy over-priced LPEG or a stupid high end AEG on significant discount. Unless you post a link I can only guess and speculate.

If this is something in a retail store, ask the airsoft manufacture (airsoft manufacture and real steel manufacture are NOT the same) or model number, and find it online and post that link. Otherwise, I can't help you more than I already have.

-mobile device-