Multicam vs. A-Tacs FG

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by Jch30920, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Jch30920

Jch30920 New Member

Newnan
    I am trying to find a new camo pattern that I can use to accommodate for every situation. I play mostly outdoors, but I also sometimes play indoors. Which of these patterns would be best for all types of gameplay?

Also, if you think there is a better camo pattern, then let me know! Thank you!

2. Joshpeck

Joshpeck New Member

Eau Claire
    When you play in indoors and can I personally think camo doesn't matter at all however I find that multicam works extremely well in woodland.

3. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    This. And it's extremely attractive.

4. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    Atacs looks so much better than multi cam.

5. rblevinski

rblevinski New Member Supporting Member

Philadelphia
    Personally, I prefer A-Tacs over Multicam.

6. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    They all have their different jobs and work in different ways. They both are beautiful. But I really like AOR1.

7. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    Multicam is awesome! Right behind AOR1 and MASS Grey.

8. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Is it bad that I've never seen MASS grey?

Edit: Oh Nevermind lol. I've seen it on a 6094 before.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  9. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
    You can find a lot more gear and cloths in multicam. The down side is, that a lot of people also ware multicam. Besides, I like A-TACS AU a lot better than FG.

10. Navyhodge

Navyhodge New Member

Norfolk
    I have both A-tacs FG and multicamo. A-tacs is definitely more unique in the "who has it" factor, and also makes you blend in fantastically. People are often shocked when I pop out of the bushes and blast them in the face with my star wars camo. MULTI-CAM is incredibly sexy and attractive and goes great with many different colored plate carriers. I don't think you can go wrong with either. But, if you're going for a woodland thick area I suggest A-tacs FG, if its more dessert/mountainous/ fall colored area I suggest Multicamo.

11. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Agreed. When I went airsofting today, almost everyone has multicam. It was crazy.

12. Jch30920

Jch30920 New Member

Newnan
    My only restraint in my choice is that all of my gear is in OD....

13. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Oh I see... Neither. AOR2 then. It would look dandy.

14. Jch30920

Jch30920 New Member

Newnan
    You don't think A-Tacs FG would look good with OD gear? I think it could work...

15. Navyhodge

Navyhodge New Member

Norfolk
    I run it...its in my picture. I run a OD plate carrier with OD combat shirt, and A-tacs FG pants. It looks awesome bro. I know a few people other that me that run it and its very unique and i get tons of compliments (mostly because not a lot of people use A-tacs FG)

16. Jch30920

Jch30920 New Member

Newnan
    It looks awesome!! I would most likely run the A-tacs FG pants, black BDU jacket, and all of my OD gear.

17. bcao

bcao New Member

Fremont
    Personally I feel that ATACs-FG blends in better than Multicam.

18. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    To the OP to answer your specific question I would say multicam would be your best bet for a universal pattern because it works well in a larger variety of environments. There are going to be better patterns for specific environments but mutlicam will preform well over a range of environments. For example many people have said multicam works well in woodland environments but ATACs-FG blends in better. But if you where to take ATACs-FG and put it in a desert environment it would not neary as well as multicam.

19. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
    Can we all agree that both Multicam and A-TACS is more effective than UCP?

20. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    Well yeah, but so is wearing a traffic barrel. That doesn't really help the discussion in this thread.